INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker  (Read 105204 times)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Many thanks to South Cox for offering these bows up for this season and the 2012 St Jude auction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, ALL the bowyers that have done this prior have all put there best foot forward. South is no different....once again we have some stunning 'Gals' to take hunting with up.

Both Bows are 60 inch 50#@28...and will be leaving out this week.....

Originally posted by South Cox AKA Bivyhunter: Stalker Custom Recurves

Terry got in touch with me and asked me to post the woods for the two bows.  Starting from the tips, Aussie Shane (he just came out to make a hunt with Steve Tadin, my camera man and assistant bowyer up in the Marble Mountains. He is still up there bear hunting as I write) supplied me with some Asiatic buffalo horn that I made the tips with.  Under the tips is yellowheart and red fiberglass.  Limb veneers are curly etimoe and mexican kingwood.  The handles are macassar ebony and pau rosa.  Fadeouts are of the same species as the handle material.  Hope you guys enjoy shooting them!  I am headed out tomorrow morning early for Colorado for mule deer and elk, but will get the build along pics I took up when I roll back into town and the dust settles.
Below is the list...with a few dates for the Lefty Faith still open.

The bows are in a case, and I shipped the case in the box they came in.  If in the future the boxes deteriorate ....then the case can be shipped without the boxes if need be.....just be sure to tape the case closed in the 4 spots that will cover the latches for protection.

There is a bag in the case with the string and I have the string tied so it wont untwist....I'm sure the 1st shooters will get the string shot in and it will need to be re-twisted to brace.  Please just tie the loops back together with the yarn I used to keep them from untwisting.  There will be a list in the cases of the 'next' hunters and there addresses.

I also felt there might need to be some protection of the riser in case it contacted the limbs...so I took a pair of wool socks and put each riser in a sock.  Now, these aren't ordinary socks....they were Chris Surtees'....so, we will also auction off the socks as a pair in the auction as well.

I put my name in for June for Hope since no one wanted June at this time, but I would give it up if someone has a jam up hunt they would like to take the bow own.

The last person on the list that ends up with the bows in June need to ship them to the auction winners.  Thanks,...and GREAT Luck guys!!!

September Hope - Robert Carter

September Faith - David Torbert

October Hope -Dalton Lewis*

October Faith - Paul Mattson*

November Hope - Rick Wiltshire*

November Faith - Jesse Cales*

December Hope - Jerome Bischoffberger*

December Faith - Bud Blaylock*

January Hope - Ricky Couch*

January Faith - Gerardo Rodriguez*

February Hope - Michael Langahans*

February Faith - Tom Porter*

March Hope - Randy Keene*

March Faith - Don and Skyler Wilson

April Hope - Ken Gettman*

April Faith - Thomas Gilkerson*

May Hope - Larry Surtees

May Faith - Curt Cabrera

June Hope - Terry Green

June Faith - Jim Gilmer*

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventure of Hope and Faith Stalker
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
Thank you South!   :notworthy:

I'm looking forward to hunting with Faith in February.   :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline JMSmithy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Seems really cool but can you explainexactly what this is about? I'm in for anything for St. Jude...  :pray:
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun  Hunter Chapter, RGS

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
Deer are jumpy by Dec in these parts, but I'll do my very best.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
I have a June bear hunt with Manitoba Stick Flingers and would love to take Faith along......
Make a life, not a living

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by LITTLEBIGMAN:
I have a June bear hunt with Manitoba Stick Flingers and would love to take Faith along......
Done!...email me your shipping address.

[email protected]

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »
ALRIGHT!!!!  Go get em, Fellas!!!

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
Beautiful bows!!

Super generous gift for the kids...

:clapper:      :clapper:      :clapper:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Todd Alexander

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I'd love to gear up for spring gobbler with Faith in April though I'd only have the opener to hunt with her before I'd have to send her on.  Still she'd bag her limits of stumps and morels in the woods of PA before she moved on.

Let me know and I'll shoot you my shipping address
"If ya gotta be stupid, ya gotta be tough"

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Can I please have Faith for Va. April Spring Gobbler Season.?
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »
Can I please have Faith for Va. April Spring Gobbler Season.?
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
Got the message String Cutter....you bet....just email me your address....

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 09:52:00 AM »
Got "Hope" delivered at the House while I was at work on Monday. Ran a few arrows through her on Tuesday and found some things out.This Young Lady will shoot. I have been shooting Hill Style bows for a while now and I was shooting a bit right . Rather than re-adjusting arrows and stuff I peeled the side plate back a little and added a small stick. Made the weaker arrows shoot straight and right where I was looking.
  I was gonna keep my grandson today but it worked out for me to get him tomorrow so I grabbed "Hope" and my gear and headed to the swamp. I have several WMA`s close to home but decided to go to a Honey Hole for not only some pig hunting but also so Deer scouting. Deer season comes in on the 10th here.
  Got some pics to upload as soon as I quit wrestling with photo bucket but lets just say a 47@27 longbow with a no mercy head will kill a good size pig.....RC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
Well I eased into the swamp and started checking some persimmons Through out the bottoms. I do really good on years with lots of persimmons during the first few weeks of bow season . I went by this big one and had to let "Hope" pose for a snapshot. Notice the pig sign here around the tree and it don`t even have persimmons this year....

I headed towards the River...about a mile and half away and was in fairly good pig sign but it is awful dry here and it was hard to really tell what was smoking hot and what wasn`t.After making it to the River with no pork encounters I stopped to rest and drink some water. Had to get a pic of Hope by the River as well...I did see 6 deer on the walk.

I then headed east towards a honey hole that I have shown to very few folks.A very beautiful place to me and always a bit "gamey". I bet my good Friend Dave from Wis. will remember this spot . Its close to where he killed his St. Judes pig back in the Spring...

I was easing through a dry slew when I heard a limb break....I stopped and was looking around...my directional hearing is poor and it takes me a bit to pin down where I hear something when I saw a sow go by about 60 yards out followed by some pigs. Gotta get a closer look so I ease forwad. They go in some Rivercane and I hear an awful bunch of racket and pigs are hollering and teeth are clicking and I realize there is a ripe sow in there and more than one boar in Love...Everytime the fighting gets loud I ease forward. Its very dry and impossible to move very quietly. I get as close as I dare and can see movement in the cane thicket when a Blue Boar steps out and starts walking across in front of me. As he turns slightly away to go back in maybe a bit past 20 yards away I come to full draw and shoot in less than a second. I see the arrow hit maybe 2"s from where I was looking. He turns and runs hard back the way he came . I give it about 20 minutes and ease forward for a look....

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Lots of blood and its looking good so I take up the trail. Much to hot to wait much longer so I ease ahead.
  If you have ever hunted pigs and been near a group of boars after a sow it is very exciting. They don`t play with each other and you will hear some awful screams and growls..enough to make a seasoned swamper get the shakes and I had`em.Funny thing when I shot the pig there were other pigs and I focused on the one I shot and where he was headed and totally lost track of the others and don`t have a clue where they went....On with the trailing..

A little farther..

After about 75-80 yards from the shot...

Not bad penetration for a 47-48@27" longbow. I was shooting a Zwickey No-Mercy single bevel head and a farly lite wt arrow for me at about 525 grains. I cut a chunk of the sheild out for you to have a look at...

Up near the shoulder is thicker. This was a rank boar that was scarred from head to toe.Both cutters were broken off.I was proud to get him With a Bow this special and can honestly say this is one of my favorite hunts ever.I have been busy and have not hunted much at all and this was the first hunt in a long time for me and the first critter I`ve shot at since killing a Turkey in the Spring.Very sweet evening I won`t soon forget.

I gotta thank Stalker bows for the donation of a piece of art that is not only purty but deadly but most of all I gotta thank God for a group of folks that care and want to help Kids they will probably never meet.God bless you fellers and come on Deer season...Hope is hungry for venison I think..RC

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
good job and story!! way to get the mojo flowing and blood on the ground.
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 09:04:00 PM »
Congratulations again, RC. I'm proud of you!   :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Awesome! Way to put some Mojo on that thing before you send it up my way in October!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
RC
Awesome way to start it off!!!  Good going!  South will be impressed!  He should be heading home from his backcountry mulie trip any day now.  

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
That's awesome Robert!  Congrats bud    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©