INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The road goes on-Moderator Meltdown  (Read 14622 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
The road goes on-Moderator Meltdown
« on: May 30, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
It was an honor to have shared this past weekend with great group of guys from across the nation. All good hunts lead into the adventure with preparaton. This one was no different and with many of these guys having never been to Texas it was fun filling them with tales. The hunt date finally arrived and we all found ourselves assembled within the melting pot a few miles north of the Mexico Border, outside of Laredo. The adventure begain and the weekend quickly filled with stories of game sightings, shots taken and fallen game. What a great adventure! I was quite honored to have been asked to be a part of the experience. I'll not soon forget the friends assembled there! CK

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The road goes on-Moderator Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:45:00 PM »
glad to hear y'all had fun.  I was way over on the other side of the state but thought 'bout y'all.  Give a list of who's who there.
WWJD

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
CK--Seems I have seen some of those faces in the post office.You sure run with a rough group.Lets hear the story as only you can write it.--Bone    :campfire:

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »
Looks like six longbows and three recurves.   :D

Fine lookin' group of tradies.   :thumbsup:

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »
Sounds like a good time! Who is who in the pic? Some I recognize, some I don't.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »
Yup, that group ought to be holding up signs with sequential numbers written on them.    :bigsmyl:  

But I'll bet they had fun.   :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
Front row left to right: Joe Coots(JC), Curtis Kellar(Littlefeather), Curt Cabrera(Guru) and Terry Green.
Back Row left to right: Rob Distefano,Dick Easter(Rabbitman), Charlie Lamb, Bob Walker, and Kevin Smith(special guest).

Misssing from the pictures is Chad Jones. We missed him after he was called away on emergency! Glad it all worked out Chad!

Gass-n-up!     :D  

First day on the ranch

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
With a crew like that there has GOT to be some stories to tell.......Do we have to beg?  :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
More pics...NOW please   :bigsmyl:  

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline DarkeGreen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »
Are those covers off the pumps so you can crank them by hand?  :)

I guess you just leave your money in a coffee can or sump'n.

Watch them sticker while you're crank'n.

Too funny!

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »
More to come.......but here's Rob DiStefano that made not one,... but TWO stalks on this wired jack rabbit in the wide open.  He got within 20 yards both times and got shots off both times. He's a natural let me tell ya!!!

The 1st one deflected off a limb of the only bush between him and the rabbit. And when his arrow arrived on target on the 2nd shot the rabbit was in Oklahoma!!!    "[tunglaff]"    

Look just right of the shrub and you can see the jack rabbit facing left.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 06:59:00 PM »
Oh, this should be good  :D ....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »
What was the overall kill. We already know that there were ten moderators on the hunt. Fill in the blanks-----Trad gangers-----pigs----???
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
Pictures, pictures, and more pictures. Fill us in on the details!
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
ten moderators    
?

So who the heck was minding the store.  Y'all have it on auto pilot?  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  .....Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
Guys,I know now that I will never,ever share a camp with folks any finer than the 9 I did this weekend!!

This was the kind of camp that fills a bowhunters head with dreams,but rarely come true.I had expected a lot out of this weekend, but my expectations weren't even close to what this hunt was.....the hunting,the shooting,the stories,the commraderie,the solidification of freindships.....amazing stuff!!

I have a ton of pictures(over 80),and some absolutely priceless video clips!!

I killed four different species of critters I've never killed before...the wildlife down there is hard to believe without witnessing it in person...

....I'll share pix and write as time permits.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »
Van they left me behind to watch the store   :(
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
I'm not much of a story teller But I will stick something in here and there as the real yarn spinners get going.  I will say the company was tops and it was great getting to know the folks that have become my friends through this site.  We changed hunting partners every half day making it nice to have one on one time with many of the guys. I would again share a camp with any of them at a moments notice. Hope to post some pics soon...but right now I've got to get back to removing some more of these catcus spines.   :eek:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »
First afternoon after unloading and getting gear together it was to be my priveledge to hunt with Charlie Lamb.....this is what I looked like    :)

As we were cruising around,checking spots,I just happened to see a javi cross the main sendero several hundred yards ahead.As we got closer, a couple more crossed.Charlie said, "get ready I'll drop you off,they'll be back".He was right,I made my first stalk on a javi that was about 70 yds from where I was....halfway to him.....I turned around to look behind me and see more coming out,right where I'd just come from!!  

I settled back in,found a good hiding spot,and shortly could see more javi's back in the cactus.With my heart rate building,a single javi started out in front of me.I had the wind,the bush I was behind was moving,it was about to happen,and I hadn't even been out of camp an hour!!

I tightened the string as the javi came clear at 12yds....I let it get slightly 1/4 away and started my draw. The shot was good,but a little high,the Carbonwood 4000 tipped with a Snuffer 160 crashed thru it's spine and lodged into the opposite shoulder. She hit the ground and it wasn't long and I had this in front of me.......

I knew Charlie was working his way to my,so I waited for him to go after them.They moved off before Charlie could get close enough for a good shot,but this guy came out behind us,downwind...Check this out,I was almost witness to my man Charlie making a javi kill......

After that we got serious taking some pix.....

A picture I will cherish and appreciate even more as the years go on...thanks bud!!!

The evening hunt wasn't over just yet....my Snuffer would strike again....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
Now that's what I'm talking about!  Good stuff Curt, I'm ready for more  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©