INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: At the Movies....'Truck Load of Young Bucks'  (Read 4569 times)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
At the Movies....'Truck Load of Young Bucks'
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:31:00 PM »
Went to the cinema this week end....and my what a show.......hope I don't leave out any of the characters.

Act 1 - Scene 1:
Got into my seat late friday evening.  'Miss Running Late' came by and fed at 10 yards but I could barely make our her outline.  Good enough, got just a little time in and an got myself geared for 'the rest of the story'.

Act 2 - Scene 1:
Bout 100 yards away from my same seat in the dark Saturday morn, I scooted a few deer to the left of me...and 50 yards from my seat I scooted more deer to the right of me.  Thought this morning's showing might be pretty interesting.

Act 2 - Scene 2:
8:15 'Mr Spike' wanders between me and the thicket and passes through the red zone in a slow sneaky walk...like he's trying not to be seen.  Not wanting to burn a buck tag on a spike...he got a free pass.  Would like to see that doe again.  It was no holds bared on does this weekend.

Act 2 - Scene 3:  
Seeing my breath changing directions into the thicket at 9;10, I tossed out a couple of cap fulls of 'Triple Heat'.  I'd no more than got the bottle back into my pocket when I hear movement in the thicket.  Sounded like a big boar hog cause it was moving a lot of brush....but then I hear 'Mr. Tormented' grunt in the tending sort of way.  He really wanted to come out, but just couldn't bring himself to do so even though I tried to doesy doe call him out.  Man was I ever on point for those 15 minutes.

Act 2 - Scene 4:  
Shuck Shuck Shuck.... 9:40 here comes 'Miss I'm Outahere' straight to my tree and stoped about 8 yards facing me. At 6 yards she turns broadside and I start my draw as she pokes her nose to the left for a whiff of Triple Heat...and with about 3 inches of draw left she lays over for a spin move and leaves the red zone and prances back the way she came.  Man, I really  wanted to get a doe this trip...but it was still early in the production.

Act 2 - Scene 5:
10:14....CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK(in a very guteral sound)liked to have knocked me out of my stand all the way from across the hardwoods.  Meet 'Mr. Wide Body' and his twin girl friends...'Miss Not Just Yet' and 'Miss I Aint Ready Either'.  They steal the show for the next 15 minutes not ever threatening the red zone.  These two gals would get a free pass if they did so for obvious reasons.  They exited into the thicket at a safe distance.

Act 2 - Scene 6:  
10:40 Meet 'Celestial Thicket Ghost'...only showing pieces and parts as it floated through the thicket just out of the red zone.

Act 2 - Scene 7:  
10:50 'Miss Never Mind Me I'm Just An Extra' glides across the hardwoods from one thicket to the other in the safety zone.

Intermission:

Man did I have some good seats...but even Panoramic Theaters have front row seats, and I was going to see if I could get me some.  I did a little pondering, and figured some fine tuning might put me a little more center screen.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: At the Movies....'Truck Load of Young Bucks'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 03:42:00 PM »
Ok, got my popcorn and a soda, and I'm ready for more......cool morning Terry.   :thumbsup:  

David

Offline Dirteater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
Dang, you got me spilling my goobers all over the place!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »
Terry was so excited he was stuttering Saturday....and rightly so. Sorry I missed it bro, sounds like you definately had front row seats for the best show in town. Imagine what it's gonna be like the next 2 weeks.  :readit:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Rangeball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
It'll go from PG13, to XXX, then hopefully to R rated for violence and adult language  :)
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.  Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
Get some T!!!  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by JC:
Terry was so excited he was stuttering Saturday....and rightly so. :
HA!...that was from having to swallow so much Copenhagen!...aint no way spittin was gonna ruin this weekend     :thumbsup:  

Gotta go trick or treating....be back later....

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 06:13:00 PM »
Sounds great Terry. Try to hookup a video camera on your stand so we can enjoy the "reruns". Hope you tag a good one!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
Wow sounds like you are having the kind of "fun n' games" I was having in the early season. I had hoped to get back out this evening (finally) but not quite "fit" enough yet - hopefully tomorrow eve.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 07:51:00 PM »
Sounds like T is gonna be scaring the Trick-er-Treaters with that big ol grin he's sportin. Get one Terry! I wanna see some good pics of a big buck(or a Doe). CK

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »
Get back to the story now will ya....I KNOW there's more
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
I headed in Saturday afternoon and checked out an area about 100 yards away in one direction, and 30 yards in another.

Wow, these were front row seats....or maybe even 'hot seats'.  This little finger of hardwoods made a 'V' into the 'pre-thicket'.  There was no more sign here than my previous seats, but the layout was a definate, and I knew it was worth the gamble.  And there was a tree that seemed perfect....straight, with back cover, spotty front cover just left of center of the 'V' setting me up for shot opportunities off the right side of my stand.  The left side also had good lanes into the pre thicket if one chose to try and slip by.

Act 3 - Scene 1:
Moon phase was terrible for that afternoon, so I wasn't expecting much...and that's what I got.  'Celestial Thicket Ghost' made an appearance once again floating through the thicket.  But the morning held promise I just knew....

I'm whooped guys....this weekend has caught up with me....I'll finish in the morning.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »
And we used to think girls were teases!   ;)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 12:14:00 PM »
Girls are teasers Bernie!!!  That's where we learned it.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
Cool Bud....waiting......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »
Act 4 - Scene 1:
Once again as I climbed my stand sounding only like a squirrel....the Triple Heat was slowly foggin into the thicket.  I'd no more than gotten settled in when 'Mr. Torment' sounds off in the thicket again.  I'm on point from the word go, but he just aint gonna come out.

Act 4 - Scene 2:
From the 4 o'clock position behind me I spot a white flicker and movement coming my way about 20 minutes after good light...I get into position as this deer is coming right into the 'V' off to my right side.  Meet 'Tricked Ya'...a fine looking doe coming into the red zone as I focused on the broadside lane I'd take the shot in....right on que.  As I started my draw the deer stops and raises its head...."What?...don't tell me that".  Just about burned a tag on a button buck. He gets a free pass through two more quartering lanes and turns left as he skips into the pre thicket.

Act 4 - Scene 3:
From the 10 o'clock position out of the real thicket comes 'Side Kick'...and he and Tricked Ya frolick about in the red zone playfully sparing and practicing their spin moves then proceeded into the thicket two abreast.

Act 4 - Scene 4:
Here we go again....movement coming my way from the 4 o'clock position. 'Mr. Goofy' comes barreling into the 'V' and straight into the red zone and stops.  A 5 inch spike on one side, and a 2 incher on the other.  He looks around dazed and confused for a bit, and goes the way of the button bucks.

Act 4 - Scene 5:
"You gotta be kidding me!!!!...not ANOTHER ONE!"
'Mr. Cow Horn' comes in from the same direction with his 8 inch curve shinning in the sun rays....right into the 'V'....and into the thicket.

Act 4 - Scene 6:
From the 8 o'clock position comes a buck...I see more than spikes, but not sure if he's a tag burner or not, dang he's got a big body and boy does he look healthy.  Cutting across the V behind me he turns left on the morning's well traveled trail.  'Mr. GQ' enters the red zone and just captivates me.  I am laying eyes on THE most beautifull whitetail I've ever seen.  He must have been 8 or 9 years old with a dark rack that was on the down hill slope...only a 5 pointer but he was something else to gaze upon.  Dark rich brown coat with gray misted in.  He looked way too warm and cozy to be in South GA.  What really set him off was that he looked like he was wearing cream colored knee high socks.  This buck had one of my buck tags in my pocket saying 'psssst'.  I was really considering shooting him when he came right on into the broadside lane.  I mean he was in range already and coming in ....then he stopped...and got antsy.  With his head held high and looking about, I dare not re-position for a shot for fear of busting him....maybe he'll settle and continue.  No-go, something had him rattled and he turned right and pranced off the way the other deer had come from.  I checked the wind, not me he smelled.....and I aint even set foot over there.  Hmmmmmm......but boy wasn't he a sight, one I'll not ever forget.

Act 4 - Scene 7:
15 minutes of stillness, but only a couple of baby squirrels playing directly in front of me. I hear out of the blue right behind me...SWOOSH-SCRRUSSH-SPAAT-WHACK-THUDDD!!!! "Dang amighty what was that"!!!  Sounded like a 300# boar hog done smelt me and did a dilly whip-ran over 3 saplings-and tripped over a hollow log.  I turned to see the biggest bobcat I've ever seen walking off with a squirrel.  With the sun rays coming in at that angle I couldn't see his spots and I could have swarn he was a cougar....but sure enough there was a 4 inch tail.  Now there's a real hunter for sure.

Act 4 - Scene 8:
Right down the same path Mr. GQ came from comes another deer...looks like a doe...please be a doe...pretty please........."What the heck!!!....is someone playing a joke on me?....Is someone turning these things loose on me"?!?!!?  Mr. Yesterday's Spike comes in the same route as pretty boy, but with the lack of a cat in the red zone, he turns right up the V....man I was gritting my teeth at him...almost shot him for spite    :rolleyes:    

THE END.

Wow, what a morning.  I didn't get myself a doe, but if you don't think I didn't come home with nothing you better think again. If that doe in Act 1 - Scene 1: would have come in 5 minutes earlier and I'd have shot her and seen nothing the rest of the whole weekend.....just think of what I'd have missed.  It was a good trade no doubt.

To some the world's a stage....To me it's a theater.  

And I'm thankfull that once again this year ......I have season tickets.

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 07:33:00 PM »
Terry: what a great story, I sure do wish I was there with ya, even if I was stuck in a back row seat.  Just whet's my anticipation of our coming hog hunt next Spring, and getting the Trad Gang MOAB properly baptized.  WOWee!      :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
Bravo!!Bravo!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  
Mother Nature sure can direct a show. I can't wait for the encore presentation!!
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
Awesome Bud...only a matter of time!!!

Good Luck!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline cajunbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
And the academy award goes tooo???????

Graet read T
I vote for mr GQ,he ain't got old by being dumb!

CB
"Forget your lust for the rich mans gold all that you need is in your soul...Find a woman and you'll find love and don't forget son,there is someone up above...Ronnie Van Zant "simple man"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©