INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kids Activities at the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Kids Activities at the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling
« on: January 29, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Plans for the Pre-Spring Arrow fling at Tannehill State Park in Alabama are really shaping up.  I meet this weekend with Brian Lance, Mike McKenna, and Ethan Rodrigue at Kzoo.

They are gathering a group of volunteers to put together an arrow building workshop for kids where participants will get hands on training in the basics of arrow building.  All ages are welcome, and each participant will end up with a shootable arrow of their own design.

Immediately following the workshop there will be a helium balloon shoot that sounds like so much fun I want to play!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kids Activities at the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »
Joe...can you post the dates please?

Thanks.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kids Activities at the Pre-Spring Arrow Fling
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:44:00 PM »
That would help, wouldn't it?  :knothead:  

February 24,25,26.  There is a lot of information over in the Trad Events forums.  But here is a summary if you haven't seen it there.

Compton Traditional Bowhunters has teamed up with the Allsouth Archery Association to hold this event at Tannehill Historical State Park in McCalla, Alabama.  This will be the 3rd year for Allsouth Archery Association to host this event, and the first year that Compton has joined in to be a part of it.

Tannehill State Park is one of the most camp friendly parks you'll find. RV hook-up through-out the park and almost unlimited primitive camping. Bathrooms and bath houses for your convenience as well.

For those of us that don't camp, there's several great motels within just minutes to Tannehill.

When I say that there's going to plenty of Vendors here to kick off the new year's 3D season, I mean it.

There'll be three separate 15 targets courses to shoot all weekend. This will also follow the Compton Rendezvous format of a non-competitive, shoot for fun weekend.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©