INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Is anybody going out of state hunting this year?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline P.J. Petiniot

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Is anybody going out of state hunting this year?
« on: August 05, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
I was just curious if any Compton guys are coming to Indiana hunting this fall. I will probably spend a few weekends in Michigan as usual this year. But no place any more exotic than that.
If your bow has a trigger, it’s not a bow. If your bow has a trigger and a stock, it’s an abomination.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is anybody going out of state hunting this year?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »
PJ, I leave here for Alaska on Aug. 29th.  I'm going to head up to Wisconsin sometime in November.  And if you want to include next March, Texas for pigs/javies in conjunction with the PBS banquet in San Antone.  Are you hunting with Bob again this year in Michigan?  Kevin:D

Offline groundhawg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »
hi guys, im going to do the hawg/javie "pre pbs banquet" also as well as heading to colorado this year in sept for elk. i cant wait....groundhawg

Offline P.J. Petiniot

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »
Kevin,

I am going up to Bob's for opening weekend. I have him talked in to coming down to the Rendezvous as well.

Who are you hunting Pig's and Javi's with? I haven't decided if I'm going to hunt while in Texas or not. I thought about flying there with the entire family. Thinking about a long weekend to save some vacation time. I already have reservations at the hotel. A lot of this depends on how the baby making is going.

The banquet should be a good one. I have already started on the flyrod I'm building for the PBS.

P.J.
If your bow has a trigger, it’s not a bow. If your bow has a trigger and a stock, it’s an abomination.

Offline Bret Cagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 09:42:00 PM »
Hey,
  It's good to see some members using this forum.  I am going to stay here and chase whitetails, or my tail, sometimes I don't know which way is up.  Saving up for Alaska again in 04.  Kevin, it was good to see you at Pekin.  Chase seems to be doing well and in good spirits.  Good luck on your hunts.  Later, Bret

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 02:10:00 AM »
:knothead:  PJ, I forgot, I'm also coming to Indiana in October on the ATHA Hunt/Rendezvous.  You should have reminded me...   Bret, good to see you too.  I wish I would have had more time to visit.  Any news on a UBI banquet speaker yet?  Did anyone think about Clark Gallup?  Kevin

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
The morning of September 13th will find me in my favorite little woodlot in WI. Past that, I'm hoping to go for antelope in WY next year.

Also, I'll be in WC IL at some point this year...which is pretty much like being in a different state. Ain't that right Bret?    :D

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »
I will be kept to busy here in Michigan to go anywhere else. Hunting for myslef, and "guiding" my 12 and 14 year old boys is a full time job!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »
TX for sure.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »
I'm going to Colorado for Elk on the 19th of Sept.  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 10:08:00 PM »
I'll be leaving IN on August 27th for Montreal, then on to the "bush" on the 29th for Caribou.
With the meat ban lifted on game animals it sure takes off a lot of pressure. I'll let you all know how it went when I get back. Mike  :wavey:
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline P.J. Petiniot

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »
Mike,

Good luck, wish I was going with you this year.

If you fill a tag, send me some pictures when you get home.

I'm saving my pennies for 2005. I get my 4th week of vacation that year and I'm going somewhere cool.  

Good luck in Quebec. P.J.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »
P.J.-I actually plan to take some pictures this year. I usually get so involved with the huntin' and lookin' at the country that I forget to take any pics. You know how it is.........got your bow in your hand, wish you had a camera. Got your camera on your hand, wish you had your bow!  :knothead:  I'll email you when I get back.
  :wavey:  Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline BighornTn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »
I'll be heading to Tennessee in Mid October and Missouri the 1st week of November. I can't wait. Dr.Rick
"You can have everything that you want out of life, if you help enough other people get what they want out of life."  Zig Zigler

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point." Billy Graham
Member TBOF
Member TBG

Offline Frank Ribelin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »
I'll be flying into an outpost camp on Sept. 18 to chase caribou across northern Quebec  :bigsmyl:  this is my third trip and I'm more excited now than on either of my earlier trips.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©