3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Our fearless leader!  (Read 2962 times)

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Our fearless leader!
« on: June 15, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »
Guys!! Met Terry Green this weekend and all I can say is our Tradgang leader is hot with the stick and string. The guy borrowed a bow from Bob Morrison and about shot the pants off everyone in the group.
Silly boy didn't bring his own bow cause he wasn't planning on getting to shoot. All that Lance has told me about T's shooting is true with extra's. A smart man would let him shoot first then use his arrow in the kill ring for an aiming point. My hat's off to a fine archer.
On top of that I found him to be a warm, and engaging guy who's as modest and generous as they come.
If you all get a chance, hunt him down and shake his hand. He's tops.   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Spudley

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Our fearless leader!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 12:15:00 AM »
Charlie, you bet, Terry is  tougher than a nickle steak!!, but your a great shot too!!, I knew you was gonna hit that turkey head!!, and did you drill it!!!, after Dean and I had close encounters, you showed us how to do it!!, Dean is also a great shot ( he learned from Mussatto!),when a bow looks that good, it has to shoot good!!!, then there is me and my buddy Lenny, well, we shot too!!!!  Hope we can do it again!!!!!
Later!

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »
Yeah, he tore it up! And he was dressed way nicer than anybody else there. But that long sleeve shirt he had on made me sweat just looking at it and I don't think he shed a drop. I was sweatin like a pig.....no wait, I was "glistening". Yeah, that's it! Glistening like a pig!!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Spudley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 11:09:00 PM »
Here in Hooterville, GLOW, is a synonyn for SMELL! lol lol, SORRY Charlie, can't help myself!  "[tunglaff]"
Later!

Offline Indiana Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »
:eek:  Did someone say Hooterville   :eek:    :D    :D  

Indy

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 06:09:00 PM »
Good Lord Charlie....  I thought this was a political thread you started, and I didn't want to be the one to pull it.    :D  

Now let me tell ya, Charlie is a clutch shooter for sure.....he sucked up and drilled every Dean T. (T standing for Tom Foolery on this post   :D   ) could dream up on the 2nd half of the course.  I mean drilled em perfect.  Cept for that Fred Bear shot and that was pure luck on my part.....or was it pure instinctive?  I'll let you guys figure it out.   :D  

Anyhow, that was one fine crowd to shoot with on my very 1st 3-D shoot.  I almost declined, but I'm glad I re-considered.  Those events only come around once in a lifetime.

Thanks for inviting me along.  Ya'll have no idea what it meant to have walked the course with ya.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
BTW, after reading my last post, I need to clarify that Fred Bear shot comment.  It was LUCK!

You had to be there to get the "instinctive" comment.

And, I truely believe Spudly is a certified nut, and he's got  :bigsmyl:   papers to prove it.

Thanks Spudly for letting me bunk with ya, I really enjoyed the stories.

Can't seem to get Cloverdale out of my mind.  Too much fun crammed into 2 days....I got sensory overload.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 09:55:00 PM »
Still thinkin about the great time in Indiana myself T! Kinda like stepping into the grand archery tourament scene in Errol Flynn's "Robin Hood".
To paraphrase a quote used by Dean Torges, "shoot a few arrows and majic happens"!
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Spudley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 12:53:00 AM »
Charlie, if I could shoot like you guys, I'd have some of those rabbit fur tracers too, so everyone could see where the arrow went.  They sure are purdy!!  If it wasn't so dog-gone muddy, we would have had a laying down shot!!
Later!

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »
Spuds... the laying down shot would have been fun for sure. On a few of the hills I thought I was gonna end up that way whether I wanted to or not. After fracturing my spine this past winter in a nasty fall, I was thinking about it.... a lot!!

Hey! Those aren't fur tracers...  they're
"parachutes" ala Dean!   :saywhat:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
Anyone know if Dean made it home?  Or did he venture off in another direction?

I emailed him his pics of the ATHA tent kids bowmaking session, and I haven't heard back from him.

How about it Spudley, you know if'n he's alright?

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
T... I heard from him yesterday. Looks like he made it home ok.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Spudley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2003, 11:38:00 PM »
Terry, he is fine!  He has already sent a pic of a great looking ham he has cooked.  Dean's intelec and cunning ability with stick and string is only surpassed by his culinary skills!  He sent me a pic of his smoker full off Kebasa sausages, emailed him back and told him, it looked like the shower room of the LA Lakers!! (he didn't respond??) LOL
Later!

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2003, 11:52:00 PM »
"...it looked like the shower room of the LA Lakers!! (he didn't respond??)"

What could he say? Bud, you the only person I know that can leave Dean speechless.

Gives me an idea what we can do with "our" picture.
  :D
Tom Mussatto

Offline Al Snow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »
Tom, not to brag, but I recently succeeded in leaving Dean speechless.  It's one of the high points of my dull life.

He e-mailed me a mouth-watering description of how well his garden is doing this year, all the vegetables he's harvesting, mentioned his 100 cornish hens, etc.  I e-mailed him back and said, "Heck, I'll just move in with you."  Haven't heard another word from him.  Kinda strange.     :rolleyes:

Offline Joey Ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »
Probably has something to do with me saying he was kinda sexy in that squirrel video, Cuz.

I think he thinks we're strange.  :saywhat:
Joey Ward

Offline Joey Ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »
Speaking of that, did you get a look at Tom in the frog video? Man, can he make a pair of rubber boots look good, or what?

:thumbsup:
Joey Ward

Offline Al Snow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »
Hee-hee!  Hey, Cuz.     :bigsmyl:

Offline Tom Mussatto

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 11:01:00 AM »
Way to go Al. Although we need to be careful here. If enough folks leave Dean speechless we might never hear from him again. I for one would miss him.

No rubbery boots for me. Those are all leather Buster Browns. Normally don't wear no shoes atall but Spudley is trying to civilize me. Says I embarrass him in public.
Tom Mussatto

Offline Al Snow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »
Yep, I'd miss him, too.  Always look forward to the food photos and recipes he sends, not to mention the way he uses words purty.  You fellas eat good up there.

Enjoyed the frog video very much.  Have to admit I winced, though, when you whupped that one in the water with your bow.  (Winced for the bow, not the frog.)     "[dead]"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©