INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Haunting is over......  (Read 6981 times)

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Haunting is over......
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 08:02:00 PM »
That's  gotta make ya' feel good!

Offline ole shep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2008, 02:23:00 AM »
CONGRATS. IM HAPPY FOR YOU. TURKEY HUNTING OK 2 DOWN SCOUTING NOW FOR NEXT YEAR DEER SEASON. LOOKING GOOD!!!
Bob Sarrels 56" 56lb {shoots Its self}. Kanati  ( On our honeymoon) There is nothing a dip of snuff won't make better

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2008, 03:41:00 AM »
A bowhunter I knew of in Michigan hunted with his bow for a couple years for a huge buck. In the second year of the hunt; after a month of not getting any shots: he decided to take a shotgun with a slug out opening day of rifle season.
 Naturally the buck walked into easy bow range; and he hit it in the chest - with the 12 guage.
 He followed the blood trail relentlessly; and when he tired; a friend took over; and then another; for three days the neighbors and he followed the buck; with a blood trail all the way.
 But the buck was lost.
That next March he got a phone call from a neighbor- who said he had found the buck.
 He went right over to the guys house; and the guy invited him in and walked him over to a telescope- he was a star gazer..
 In the scope the buck could be seen bedded down; and after a few cups of coffee and discussion- the deer stood up; and the wound was healed but clear to see.
  My uncles hunting buddy shot a deer with a rifle; and then walked up to it and shot it with his .38 pistol. Then he decided to bleed it out and stabbed it in the neck.
 It got up and ran off!! They tracked it for miles; and lost the blood trail.
 That winter I was ice fishing and talking to a guy that said he had shot a buck that had a knife in its throat....!
 It was a handmade knife;and yes; it was the same deer! When the knife owner and the guy that ended up with the knife compared notes; the deer had covered 15 miles in two days before it was killed....
  Some days are diamond; some days are stone !!

Congrats on getting your buck. If the water was deep - the deer could have sunk; and then depending on temperature; it could have risen from the gases building up in it.

I have found elk after a good hit in the evening and found them the next day minus all the meat ( thank you bears [not]).
 I shot a buck once took the antlers and cape out first. When I came back an hour later; there were a dozen coyotes tearing the rest apart.
  Chit happens man..   Congrats on the good shot; and the eventual recovery. He would have been too tough to eat anyway  :)
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Coop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Congrats on some closure anyway.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

-Mike

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
It's amazing how tough and smart they can be at times.  I was on a beautiful blood trail with a friend last Fall that ended up without recovery. 15 yard shot placement sounded good, hit a far rib and the BH broke through the opposite chest wall.  The arrow (from his compound) stayed in the deer until it fell out some 60 yards down the trail.  I'm still amazed that a deer could bleed so damn much and then dry up.  We searched until we were physically exhausted.

If a Genie could grant me 3 wishes, one of them would be to know how that deer got away from us with a hit and blood like that.

Good to see some closure for ya.
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
Terry, I know how much you fretted about not recovering that Big Boy.  I'm real happy you at least got to know the ending.  Congrats...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2008, 09:26:00 AM »
Thanks again Guys.......and thanks for the special guest appearance O'l Shep!!!   :wavey:    :jumper:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©