INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Haunting is over......  (Read 6982 times)

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Haunting is over......
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by tradtusker:

something really mystical about those particular antlers
Yep...my thoughts exactly.

Not sure BowDude....that rack would make a dandy European....but I've also got a certain pose I've been wanting...and this guy might fit the bill.  No hurry really...still just savoring it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Predator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
Thats great that you have the rack Terry! I know its not "THE Recovery" you wanted but it is a recovery. If your like me, you probably had thoughts about it for days. Sleepless nights set in and you just stew over it. But, its going to happen as long as we hunt. Congrats! Happy for Ya!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
Now you'll sleep better instead of dreaming , congrats thats nice one Terry...Marco#78:)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline JDinPA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
That's nice to have closure Terry.

2006 was tough year for me. I lost two P&Y deer in two different states within 7 days. One in PA and one in Iowa.

I hit the PA buck in the shoulder and we never saw him on the farm again in 2006 or 2007.
I hit the Iowa buck high above the lungs.

To lose one deer hurts bad, to lose two is heartbreaking. I ended up taking a P&Y in Iowa the next day before I had to drive home. But driving 1700 miles by myself leaves a lot of time to think about those deer.

Offline bowmaker07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
Awesome Terry,you just pumped me up again to go look some more. Last Dec.(2nd rut) I stuck a nice 10-pt but failed to recover him after a 10 hr search.Rain/snow had wiped out the sparse blood so searching the thick creek bottom wasn't very encouraging.Quartering away,I slid 20 " of arrow in the back of the ribs.The hit should have been fatal,liver and lung. I've been back twice this spring shed/rack hunting but no luck.
Walk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 03:42:00 AM »
And some nice icing too mate. I lost a good stag last year, it's never easy.

Thanks for the photos mate,

AK.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:00 AM »
"Haunting" is about the best way to describe it.

Mature bucks are not only bigger, tougher, and smarter, but they also have an almost spooky ability to dissappear.

I can only imagine what it was like to open that box and look down at those antlers again.

That`s one spot in your mind that can be used for something else. We all KNOW something like this NEVER totally goes away. Opening that box
gave you the chance to end the "haunting".

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »
Sometimes things aren't just meant to be, some people would consider it a waste of vension however nature doesn't waste anything. He feed other animals and hopefully he has some offspring running around waiting to become king of the woods just like he was!

I'm glad he was found in some form, and I'm sure you'll do something with the gift you recieved to show respect to him!  

Beautiful Buck Terry!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Looks like a "matched set" Terry. I know you're relieved to to have the wondering ended. Congratulations.                          Grant

Offline Brent Rudolph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »
Good for you Terry. Since you posted that rack earlier, I can't get it out of my head how close he is to your recent kill. There is some kinda mojo thing happening here. Nice pair of bucks.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
Great story and relieved ending... I wish I could have the same- my Missouri buck is still there.  Steep angle, surely got liver and right lung, no bottom hole, searched 9 hours the day before gun season and had to come home.  I think about him just about every day......
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
AWESOME! that rack is WOWZERS and that bow ain't bad either.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 12:36:00 PM »
As has been said, icing is good.  Now go back next year and get yourself some cake too!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Kevin Breaux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
The (big) game warden upstairs sure does amazing work, eh!  

What a nice rack! Almost completely symmetrical.
 I know how you feel about not getting to sample that venison, settling on satisfying your sweet tooth on the icing is really not that bad, hopefully it fills a small spot in your memory bank where the recovery pictures would of been. Here is wishing you have venison stew instead of rack soup this fall, go get his daddy

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
TERRY GREAT RACK!! I`m sure that will help heal that scare.banghead:  I would like to more of that hunt. I  hear good thing`s about Solona  :campfire:   :
Bull

Offline Jaz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
That's a beauty, Terry!

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Ghostly looking...That would haunt me for sure...Glad you got closure...And some icing....Congrats Terry!

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Had that happen to me once. Very good deer, but not as good as yours. Glad you were able to close the deal on a somewhat positive note. Nice that Peanut was so considerate. Says something about his operation. Congrats.

:thumbsup:

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 05:21:00 PM »
That's a beauty Terry! Glad you got them eventually!  ;)   :thumbsup:
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
Terry,

Sometimes things like this are meant to keep us humble, we searched the best we can, we hunt the hardest we could, and the simple things puzzle us the most.  Inside you did the best you could, with what you had, and there were probably critters out there that took care of the rest, so it really doesn't go to waste, because that's the design of nature.  But by putting your steps together, you ended the journey knowing that the buck you arrowed is a trophy in your hands.  We always remember our mistakes the most, very few people can tell you who won the Super Bowl two years ago, but most of the sports figures that make big mistakes, many people can remember their names, and that's the way it is with ourselves, most of the time we are harder on ourselves more than anybody else is.

The benefit from this, look the good friend you've got, that was good enough to send a trophy like that.  Now that's something to build on.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©