Africa!

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: I'm Back - great hunt  (Read 24224 times)

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm Back - great hunt
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
Wow what a trip you had.  we are on a count down for our trip the S.A. 11 months

Thank you for sharing
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!     
      www.tbirdarchery.com
      www.stjoeriverbows.com
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2018, 04:09:01 PM »
Where are you going?  If I can be of any help let me know.  Have you booked your flights yet?  If not, I highly recommend Travel Express from Hamilton Mt.  Lori Guinn is the owner.  Think she only charged me $75. to do all the flight bookings, motel reservations, etc.  She monitored the flights up to the day I left.  My flight was cancelled from Denver to JFK at the last minute.  She got my flight changed and rebooked.  I didn't know anything about it, but she took care of everything.  I still made it to JFK in time for my flight to SA.  She also booked all the luggage straight through to Namibia which was great as I didn't have to clear customs with my luggage, only my carry on bag.
I can give you more info if you want - just send me a note.
Gene

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 02:44:55 PM »
Finally got a nice photo / video program put together and backed it up with traditional African music from my Namibia bow hunt.  Will always bring back good memories.

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 06:03:59 AM »
That is a great idea!!!
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!     
      www.tbirdarchery.com
      www.stjoeriverbows.com
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »
I have shown my hunt program to many people and groups and all have enjoyed it.  Wish I would have done this on my many other hunts.  Found a gentlemen to switch the folder from MOV to DVD and burned it on a disc.  Now we can just pop it into the DVD player and watch on a large screen TV.  The traditional African music really added to the presentation.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019, 04:28:59 PM »
Well taxidermist is done and everything has been sent to the shipping agent.  I just paid that bill, so all my animals should be heading to the USA sometime next week.  I am excited to get them.  However, it will still be some time on the Kudu and Gemsbuck, as I am taking them to a taxidermist in Wyo. for the shoulder mounts.  Everything else is Europian mounts and rugs.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2019, 10:35:56 PM »
This is awesome. Gene is one of the best bowhunters in know. Dang sure one of the best shots I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with. Happy for you my friend.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2019, 06:49:42 PM »
Thanks Randy - sometimes a guy just gets lucky with shots and hunting.  Had a great time in Namibia.  Have a couple friends that are going with the same outfitter this summer (African winter).  Hope they do just as good.  Just got my hides and horns back.  Also took the capes of the Kudu and Gemsbuck to Cheyenne for shoulder mounts.  This might be the last of the mounts.  Think the wife is going to put a stop to it.  The basement is full!!!

Online mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2019, 11:20:23 PM »
I'm so glad you had such a good hunt.  I've read all your stories, and it makes me happy to hear of fellow hunters success.  Putting.music to the.videos was a really good move.

Murray
Murray Seratt

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »
Adding traditional African music sure adds to the video / photo program.  I couldn't understand what the words were on some of the songs, so I sent a copy to my outfitter.  He and his wife both speak African as a first language and I wanted him to tell me what the song was about.  Even he didn't know, as it was bushman language.  He said that he would check with them and let me know.  A lot of drums in the songs as well. 

Thanks for the compliment on the stories.  I have had several published in TradArchersWorld of various hunts, including many trips hunting javelina in Texas to some caribou, grizzly and moose hunts in British Columbia.  Think I also sent in a story of my mountain lion hunts.  I always keep journals of my hunts so I can get the stories straight.  It is fun to re-read the journals after a few years.  There are always items that I had forgotten about.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2022, 05:37:43 PM »
Another photo added

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©