INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Nam Vets getting scarce  (Read 2998 times)

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nam Vets getting scarce
« on: February 28, 2016, 07:44:00 PM »
A couple weeks ago I helped bury a squad leader from the platoon I served with in Nam. I still feel down about his loss. He was one of the few I trusted not to get us KIA.
Seems like each week I read of another Marine from our unit (I/3/3) going to guard the streets of heaven. I know it is inevitable but it makes me angry because we survived that war therefore we should live forever.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nam Vets getting scarce
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:25:00 AM »
Tom sorry for your lose....
Yes VN vets are getting up there in years.
    Not a lot of Korean Vet's either.
Not long ago I met a WW2 Vet that was on the Canal and Iwo....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 01:53:00 PM »
Yep. One of my buddies passed in December. Some have gone before and getting fewer and fewer left. Seems that we stay closer the last few years after meeting up again at funerals and such.  Even started having some reunions.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline Fattony77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 10:59:00 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss.
I just found out the other day that my uncle (a Vietnam Vet) is going to be passing away soon. Largely as a result of negligence on the part of the VA. Apparently, what should've been a fairly easily treated Colon-Rectal cancer has advanced to a rapidly moving, fatal Liver and Kidney cancer. Due to the slow start to treatment and excessive delays mid-treatment, he will now be in excruciating pain until death provides him with relief.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. And I agree that there should be some reward for not only surviving the war, but the treatment that you all received when you got home.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »
We are all getting long in the tooth. All the better reason to enjoy life to the fullest while we are able.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »
Amen, Pat.  When you think that it's been 50 years or so, you better believe we need to enjoy life to the fullest.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
My grandfather passed away in October of '15, 2 tours that I know of for sure. I miss him dearly. I've always tried to thank you guys every time I see you with you hats on, but it takes on special meaning now. I find that it helps me to remember him. To be honest I'm  trying not to cry typing this. It wasn't until just now that I realized that for both my grandfathers I've never really grieved, the other a navy reserve vet whom passed last June.
You gentleman deserve our utmost respect and love. Peace and  be safe.
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©