INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Paul Hendricks  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Terry_Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Paul Hendricks
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
Nickname: Paul H
home state: wichita, Kansas
tradgang member number: 5808
Years trad bowhunting: 0

(TG)- Tell us about yourself.

(Paul H)- I'm 14 going into highschool as a freshman. I like to build stuff is usually what I tell people when they ask what I like to do.

(TG)- How long have you been bow hunting with traditional gear?

(Paul H)- I've never been bowhunting at all but I'd love to someday.

(TG)- Any heroes? Any role models?

(Paul H)- My dad's one of my role models. he doesn't hunt or shoot at all but he's a good man.

(TG)- Do you have a mentor that helps with you bow hunting?

(Paul H)- no mentor with hunting but Ralph Renfro has been my mentor for bow and arrow building.

(TG)- Does any of your family hunt or fish?

(Paul H)- No one anywhere in my family that I know of hunts or fishes. my grandpa used to fish a lot but he doesn't anymore. I like to fish but I don't much.

(TG)- What or who first got you involved in traditional bow archery?

(Paul H)- I've always been fasinated with bows and arrows since I was about 3 years old. I loved watching the cartoon disney movie robin hood. my first bow was a little fiberglass bow with suction cup arrows.
    since I was about two years old I loved working with tools. One day about a year ago I was trying to think of something to build and I though of a wooden bow. So I looked it up on the internet and started doing research.

(TG)- What are your bowhunting goals?

(Paul H)- my bowhunting goal is to actually kill something with my own selfbow and cane arrows.

(TG)- Do you make any of your own gear?

(Paul H)- I make all of my own gear. the only thing I didn't make so far that I have is a flint arrowhead tommy leans made for me. I just finished my first bow, and osage selfbow. Ralph Renfro gave the stave to me. my first attempt at a bow was brutally murdered on a bandsaw when I was having a shop teacher cut it out on a bandsaw. He cut a limb right off right after a fade. It took me like 30 hours to chase a ring with my dinky little 5 inch drawknife. When I went to mojam ralph helped me tiller my bow and I made a few cane arrows.

(TG)- Do you do any small game hunting?

(Paul H)- no small game hunting

(TG)- Tell us what your dream hunt would be.

(Paul H)- dream hunt? right now it would be squirels or rabbits. not very dreamy huh?

Some of you fellers in Kansas that are looking for somebody to take hunting need to give Paul a call. Paul you need to look up some Tradgangers in your area I bet they would love to take you hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©