INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Matthew Stephen Hundley  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Terry_Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Matthew Stephen Hundley
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:42:00 AM »
Nickname: motormouth
Home State: Delaware
TradGang member number: 6453
Years trad bowhunting: this year

(TG)- Tell us about yourself.

(motormouth)- Well, I first picked up a bow at about 6 or 7 and been shooting ever since. I got a compound at about 11 and shot it for a while. However, I felt that shooting a compound just wasn’t for me and stopped shooting altogether. I picked it up again at the Baltimore shoot last year and I have killdeer to thank for that…and her bear Kodiak that I shot. She got me into TradGang and alot more things like bird calls and her amazing beautiful feather collection, my lips are sealed, and having fun in general. I also have other tradgangers like Docnoc, Applepie, neonbutterfly, Stringtracker, mockingbird, and Eli or “quiverbits”. All of these fine people helped make traditional shooting a part of my life again. Also, I want to say that originally, my dad, Steve, got me into bow shooting and hunting in the first place and without him I’d be lost. My mother, Elaine, has never shot much but supports me nonetheless. My sister, Bethany, shoots a lot with her beautiful purple heart 21st century bow and is quite a good shot too. She is deaf and will lose all of her hearing but it don’t stop her. Nothing ever did. All these things make me who I am and even thought I envy other people…I wouldn’t change it for the world.

(TG)- How long have you been bow hunting with traditional gear?

(motormouth)- Well I my first bow was a recurve and that was about 1996 until about 2000 then after my compound, I have shot traditional bows since 2002 and still do.

(TG)- Any heroes? Any role models?

(motormouth)- Well, for one my dad, he may be a preacher but he’s perfectly sane, I swear. I love my family and thank them for their love and support. Also, killdeer for her patience and rare personality that shines through the dark. She has been so great to me and has taught me so much. Someone who I really admire greatly is my sister who even thought she can’t hear, she finds joy and happiness anyway and that, my friends, is the most difficult thing to do.

(TG)- What got you started bowhunting?

(motormouth)- My father and seeing him fling that arrow like it was a twig… and yes I do know it is a twig but you get my point. That was one of the things that I thought was really cool.

(TG)- Do you have any favorite memories or kills that stand out? Tell us about it!

(motormouth)- A memory that stands out is November 20, 1998. It was my birthday and my dad and I went squirrel hunting with our bows. We came home wit 1 that I had shot and when I looked at him, he said” not bad, not bad at all.” That was the best time of my life hearing him say that about me.

(TG)- Do you remember the first animal you took with a traditional bow? Tell us about it!

(motormouth)- A squirrel. He was sitting on the fence at the farm and just eating away at this nut. I mean he must have been starved or something cause he was chugging. He was the fattest thing I’d ever seen. If not for the tail, you’d have thought he was a puffed up rabbit who quit weight watchers. And when I hit him and he fell off that fence, I swear the ground shook. He reminded me of that guy fat Albert cept he didn’t have a big red sweater on. Wish he had though would have been an easier target.

(TG)- Can you tell us a bit about your preferred hunting combo?

(motormouth)- I don’t really have one I mean I get all dressed up in camo and just go out their and have fun. I call and rattle occasionally. O and code blue.  That stuff is bottled genius.

(TG)- Do you have a mentor that helps with you bow hunting?

(motormouth)- Dad, grandpa, and killdeer.

(TG)- What is your favorite animal to hunt?

(motormouth)- I wanna hunt caribou caz I hear they are the stupidest, dumbest, things you ever saw and I figure if they that dumb then I won’t have to do anything but wait and they can come to me.

(TG)- Does any of your family hunt or fish?

(motormouth)- Yup all of them cept my mom. Go figure, the army brat.

(TG)- What or who first got you involved in traditional bow hunting?

(motormouth)- Dad

(TG)- What are your bowhunting goals?

(motormouth)- Kill a Cape Horn buffalo before he kills me…hopefully.

(TG)- Do you make any of your own gear?

(motormouth)- Yup made my camo suit and it works just fine. Even my dad can’t se me.

(TG)- Do you do any small game hunting?

(motormouth)- Yup.

(TG)- Tell us what your dream hunt would be.

(motormouth)- I think a grizzly with a bow. Hey don’t laugh, we can’t all be sane.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©