INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: PASSING OF JACK HOWARD  (Read 14792 times)

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: PASSING OF JACK HOWARD
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2005, 05:57:00 AM »
Almost forgot the Articles and Stories section... thanks Johnny!   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »
My condolences and prayers to Dorothy!

Very sorry to here of this. Was plannning on visiting with Jack sometime this Winter.

Papalapin;

Please email me at [email protected]
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline HACKSAW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
I remember Jacks stories of a grizzly around his tent and him sitting up all night. I was honored to have owned one of his bows in my early years of bowhunting. It is sad when legends pass,however he leaves us with tales of adventure and great bows. His family with great memories of a life lived the way he wanted to live it. Our family's prayers to his wife
Hacksaw
" IN THE SPRING I STRUT "
 " IN THE FALL I RUT "

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
Charlie,

Would you mind copying and pasting your 1st post to the Articles/Stories forum?

And, if anyone has any good pics of Jack I wish you would send them to me via email.... we'll add them to Charlie's comments on that forum as well as put up a tribute banner.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
Will do chief!!  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
I emailed,with Jack a few times,and always said,i was gonna get up to that shoot,and meet him personally,but never got around to it.Thats one of them things,that ill always regret.He was darn sure,one of the greats of the lifestyle.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline zwickey2bl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »
Sorry to hear of Jack's death. I ordered one of his catalogs about 15 years ago, and it was a goldmine of information. I also remember he wrote a personal note in the front of it. I think I still have it, am gonna look for it later. I'll bet the price just went up on those bows of his that are still around... never seen or shot one but by all accounts they are the best recurves made. My prayers for his wife and those who knew him personally.

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
KELLY

I have tried to e-mail and phone you several times,  tono avail.  E-mails get kicked back, and phone calls indicate not a good numner.  Please e-mail or PM me.
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2005, 08:51:00 AM »
Not too many years ago I read the Jack Howard articles on this site.  Dang that man lived and breathed archery everyday for the better part of 70 years.  His hard earned knowledge back in the day was groundbreaking and he was certainly one of the pioneers of our shared passion/sport today.  My condolences to his wife and friends.

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
A great loss. Unless you have read one of his catalogs you wouldn't know that he was one of the great innovators of bowhunting. He thoughts on arrows, broadheads, bows were ahead of the times. Also he thoughts on lightweight bivac camping were probably a first on that concept. Again a grest loss.

Offline The Gray Fox

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
I, too, recall awaiting the arrival of my first Jack Howard catalog when I attended high school in the mile high Arizona juniper flats.  My hunting fanny pack still has a set of anvil pruning shears as he recommend they were the best kind.  How could I disagree then, or now?  I just checked my broadhead box, and found four Bear Razorheads that I had glued half of a double edged razor blade to with the recommended Pliobond adhesive cured in my mom's oven.  I recall I had to get it mail order from some place. Talk about a pack rat, that was fourty years ago before 26 years in the Army, and I still have them.  Just proves that his advise was always worth while.  I would have loved to have sat around a campfire with him and just listen.  My prayers to his wife and family.  John Wilson
None

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
Condolences to the family.

Offline Fish'n River

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
Prayers for him and his family.
It would be nice if his articles and catalog could be compiled and printed.

Offline devildog66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
Coincidently I was just reading the March 1966 NFAA magazine that the above antelope picture was originally published in.  Sad to hear of the passing of a true icon of archery.
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

Old Italian Proverb

Offline PAPALAPIN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
JACK MILLET-TBG,TGMM Family of the Bow

"Don't worry about tomorrow.  If the sun doesn't come up in the morning, we will play in the dark" - ME

The most important part of your hunting setup is the broadhead.  The rest is just the delivery system.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©