INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Birthday Bull  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
Birthday Bull
« on: October 17, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
It was my birthday and I like to take that day off work and go hunting. Sat a stand in the morning, but didn't see anything. Got down and sneaked around some. Went home and did some yard work and reorganized a shed. It was drizzling thruout the morning after I got back from the morning hunt. It let up a bit around 1 o clock. About two I went in for lunch. A half hour later the wife's little yappy muttly was barking at something outside. I went to the door and saw that she was barking at a Moose across our field. Thru some binoculars I saw that it was a Bull. After I got the dog in the house I went to the garage to change and grab my bow. When I came out the Bull was gone. I walked across the field and as I was going along a small slough finger that goes into the bush I saw him bedded, about 30 yds. away. I was able to get within 15 yds.(everything was quiet & damp) then snapped some small twigs to get him to stand. When he finally did his vitals were still covered by some brush. I needed him to take 2 more steps. Which he did and my arrow took him in the ribs. He went about 80 yds.
Sort of a non-typical with a split right beam and a bunch of drop tines.

65# Kempf Kwyk Styk, Wensel Woodsman

Happy Birthday to me!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Timo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Birthday Bull
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »
Way cool Gun! interesting horns on that one for sure!

Congrats, and happy birthday.
(Enny o yuns know ware thu heart o a stumpytail izz??)

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »
Congratulations! I was in Alberta last Oct hunting Moose and had a lot of fun.  I am going to have to go back up there again and give it another try.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
Alright Gun one of those big rascals is on my list for someday!! Congrats!!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
ME TOO DOUG!

Way to go Gun! Gosh those things are bruisers   :eek:   Congrats   :thumbsup:  

The-and people think it's cool that I get to see deer in the yard  ha ha - Ferret
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Piper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »
First off...Happy Birthday, sorry I missed it.  ;)  

Congrats on the bull.  That little piece of heaven where you live seems to be paying off for you.  A very nice deer and now a very nice bull.  Great job.

Hope to talk to you soon
My two cents worth

Gary

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©