INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Another 1st from Wyoming!!  (Read 3094 times)

Offline yth-mnstr

• Trad Bowhunter
Another 1st from Wyoming!!
« on: September 27, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
I killed this buck in Northeast, WY with a 58# black widow PSAX, and STOS tipped Grizzlystick.
 http://www.y44.com/ims/pic.php?u=2600Ws00&i=988
justin ammons

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another 1st from Wyoming!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »
Wow nice Mulie. I am so jealous! ha ha Wish we had mulies here in Ohio.

How about posting a bit of the story..was it shot from a stand..spot and stalk? Public land? Distance of shot etc.

Congrats   :thumbsup:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
Dang straight that's a dandy and in velvet, too cool!!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Deerchaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 11:12:00 PM »
Justin,
NICE BUCK!!
Thats one to be proud of.
Roger...

Offline shortshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
That is very kool.
                   Miles

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
Nice buck!
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline yth-mnstr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragement guys. Here's the rest of the story. It was awesome!! I shot him on a ridge pretty much opposite of the Ranch House for those who were there, west I think of where we were camping.

I ran to the bottom of the little ridge trying to get on a spike and smaller 4 pt as they fed toward a meadow in the bottom. When I crept around the bottom of the ridge they were gone. So I kept stillhunting around and up the other side of the ridge back toward the road to be picked up by Brad and Les. Then, I saw the 4pt feeding on top of the ridge which flattened out like a little plateu. So I snuck up there as slow and quiet as I could while I heard Brad and Les drive back up to the road from glassing the next canyon. When I got to the top the little 4pt had dissappeared again and Brad and Les were sitting there glassing. I saw a little ditch cut out on top so I was sneaking over to it to look for the missing deer when all the sudden the guys yelled, "RIGHT BEHIND YOU!! DOWN BELOW!!" After an about face I snuck up to the edge of the ridge which was a 30 ft cliff in that spot and this guy was feeding along with his head down and he was bigger than the other so I worked to get the shot. He was about 25 yards and quartering away looking back over his shoulder at me when I let her rip! I hit a few inches back but got through the liver into the offside lung. When he ran off the arrow worked its way back out and completely sliced his liver in half. He made it about 100 yards before keeling over.

Les and Brad watched the whole thing unfold and watched the shot and I think they were as excited as I was! We took pics for about an hour and those might show up in Bowhunter Magazine in a story about Les's buck. We'll see. The buck green scored 153 3/8"!! I might be spoiled now with that as my first big game bow kill. I'll book again ASAP.
justin ammons

Offline Warren H. Womack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Justin, Thanks for including the story. Made me feel like I was there. You did good, real good.

Warren
>>>==Warren==>>>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©