Shooters Forum

Contribute to Trad Gang
Become a Trad Gang Sponsor

Author Topic: Ben Pearson cougar 7050 bow help  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Mschmeiske

• Trad Bowhunter
Ben Pearson cougar 7050 bow help
« on: June 13, 2021, 06:20:03 PM »
Hi, I recently acquired a Ben Pearson cougar 35# bow/62” AMO and I need to purchase a string for it and I’d like to replace the rest and side plate. I was curious what everyone would recommend? I was especially conflicted with the strand count for the weight of the bow…. I wasnt sure how crucial, 12, 14, 16, etc…. For the draw weight is? Also, does anyone know the recommended brace height for a cougar? Thanks in advance.

Offline jrbb00

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ben Pearson cougar 7050 bow help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:38:13 PM »
I put a Flemish string on mine a few years back. I bought it off a gentleman here. Shots great and I killed my best deer to date with it. As for brace height if my memory is correct I think it is around 7-7 1/2”.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ben Pearson cougar 7050 bow help
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 08:38:10 AM »
For a 35# bow, I would make a 14 strand string.  No doubt one could get by with a 10 or 12 strand string, and gain a few fps in speed.  However, after I had a 10 strand string break on me one time, I decided to make all my strings at least 14 strands.  This also makes it easier to find serving that will fit your nocks without having to double serve the string.

The strike plate and arrow rest material is not critical.  Maybe something like this? https://www.3riversarchery.com/3rivers-rug-rest-and-plate.html
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©