INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Early season PA Doe  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Early season PA Doe
« on: September 27, 2019, 06:25:19 AM »
I had some luck Monday evening and wanted to share the story with you all I been doing lots of scouting this year putting cameras here there trying to find a good buck with some decent 2.5 yr olds but not the buck I am looking for of course everyone wants a booner but I make myself atleast try to hold out for a good 3.5 yr old so here it starts I found this hardwood oak ridge with a good acorn crop among Tons of crabapples it took me quite some time to cut my way into this spot but once I was there it looked like a highway for the deer so upon finding the right tree the stand was hung and I was sitting it last Saturday morning for the first time as soon as it got light there was deer around but none producing a shot so with this heat at 10:30am I decided to get down and leave i hate to.sweat and stink up a spot so my next night to sit it was this past Monday so that I did upon heading in I bumped deer so I check camera and constantly morning, midday and evening there were pics of does ,does and more does with a occasional small buck and turkeys so I decided If a mature doe was to offer a shot I would take it cause the freezer is getting low :biglaugh: as soon as I was settled in and tied off I look and catch a decent buck headed my way a young 8 pt he milled around and left after about 20 minutes within 5 minutes of him leaving I look and here comes 3 does all sorta small but I get ready and catch movement to my right and hear comes a big one"GAMEON" she comes up past the stand head on the ground looking for acorns turns to head back down the hill as she pushed the others off and I pull back anchor and pinwheel her right in the sweet spot down the hill she goes I see my arrow stuck in the ground and could immediately see the blood ..down I go after 15 mins of waiting and she didnt go 40 yds I was using my new blackwidow PMA greenleaf that was made in memory of my nephew cody that passed last August it sure felt great to christen the bow and I hope we have many many more hunts like this together ...hope you all enjoyed the story and best of luck this fall arrows were goldtip kinetic pierce with Simmons tigersharks on the buisness end!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Jayrod »
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Early season PA Doe
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 06:48:57 AM »
Good job, Jarrod.

:thumbsup:

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 06:57:44 AM »
ol Widow makes meat, good hunt buddy. our season starts next Saturday!
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline hkbarnard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 07:02:00 AM »
Nice to see a good kill thread. Use to hunt Crab apples regularly but our forest service burned em all up. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 07:02:28 AM »
Way to go buddy!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter