INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My official-unofficial-unplanned trail cam review  (Read 61 times)

Online RiceRiverJim

• Trad Bowhunter
My official-unofficial-unplanned trail cam review
« on: July 23, 2024, 10:32:52 AM »
Not to long ago we had the worst flood in the history of the area.
We were living on an island for a week, waist deep water over our driveway.
Half the town was flooded, it was bad.

So, after the flood waters went down, I finally got a chance to go retrieve three trail cams, I had set-up back in our woods.
Honestly, I didn't think the water got up high enough to do any damage, but it did.
The 3 cameras were all with-in 50' of each other, and at the same elevation, so not an accurate test for a scientist, but plenty accurate for me.

I had a brand spanking new Bushnell, a 20 year old Stealth cam, and a 15 year old Spy Point camera, eye level on the trees.

The only one still working after the flood was the Spy Point, no water leaked in, and it functions as it should.

The Stealth cam came in second, only a little water dripped out of the camera when I opened it up, but the camera, and the card still ended up being junk.

The Bushnell won first place, it was sealed tight enough that all of the water stayed in the camera till I opened it up, then it ran water till it was empty.  :laughing:
Except, for the water in the lens, which never did come out.  :laughing:

I'm not trying to pick on any brand over another, but when these guys advertise that their trail cams, are waterproof, I'd take that statement with a grain of salt!   :biglaugh:

Jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©