INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: New Year Doe  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
New Year Doe
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
The 2006 deer season for me has had alot of ups & downs. But it seems to have all been on the up side the last couple weeks. I have managed to fill a couple antlerless tags in the past 2 weekends.

I hope that this is a good sign for the 2007 season, I took this doe on New Years day with a 58" osage flatbow and tonkin cane arrow with a trade point. I'd like to thank a good friend Dustin Morris for being there to help drag this deer out,, with all the rain lately there was no way to get the truck to this deer. It was a very,veerrry,veeeeerrrrrry long drag back to the farm house across a couple creeks and up and down some steep draws. But it is one of those memories shared with a good friend that will last a lifetime, just another one of the reasons we do what we do  :)  

What did she weigh,you might ask? Every bit of 300 lbs by the time we got her to the truck   :saywhat:    :D
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Year Doe
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
Congratulations on a fine critter!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
Congrats.....and Best of luck to ya this year!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:57:00 PM »
What an excellent way to start off the New Year  :thumbsup:

Congrats!

Kevin
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »
Nice!  Happy New Year!

Lee  :thumbsup:

Offline ratgunner

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Your off to a good start.
TGMM "Brotherhood of the Bow"   "Family of the Bow"

Offline penetrator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
are you sure about the 300lbs.?i had to drag one out about 2 weeks ago by myself that was probably a tab smaller and i swear it was every bit of 400lbs.you may have a 500lber there.congrats,i can smell the back straps from my house.

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 07:36:00 PM »
Good to see you post - I've been watching to see what you did this season. Those does will eat mighty good!
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the compliments folks!

Penetrater,,you might be right but we didn't have enough strength left when we got back home to pull her up on the scales  :) . You must have a good nose ,because I just cooked some of her up tonight, or you don't live too far away?

Wally,,good to hear from you.I hope your season has gone well? I just had one of those good & bad years, took alot of pictures of some nice bucks, just didn't turn loose of the string. Well, I can't lie ,I did let loose of the string on one or was it two? No,no maybe it was three? Just joking,it was just one, rattled up a good buck at the end of my November vacation but didn't get the job done.    :(
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Thanks for asking how my season went.
I shot a broken horn buck - would have been a 5 point...Not big but the biggest I had come within bow range this year. Good clean kill with a short blood trail. Could have shot a few does early in the season but didn't, and then late in the season when I was ready to shoot a doe I couldn't get one within range   :)   ....I was on a nice 8 point late in the season(mid December) but could never get him closer than 50 yards....Maybe I'll get him next year....Really enjoyed my season even though I only shot one deer with my bow this year...
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline tpoof

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
A new years day doe, its a gift! Congrats to you!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©