INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***  (Read 110671 times)

Offline Chad Edgar

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ***Daily Hunt Pics and Stories 2005***
« Reply #480 on: November 17, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »

The only memorable photo from my week of hunting.  I was into deer everyday, just being to darn picky.  Still lots of season left, no worries.  The pic is from an old railroad bed that borders my eastern property line.  I often use it to cross the creek when we have had lots of rain.
Here from the King's mountain view,
Here from the wild dream come true...
Treasures of flesh never few! "Jambi"

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #481 on: November 17, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
It wasn't just about the deer I tagged... it was the many others things that I enjoy soaking-up in the Oct-Nov outdoors.

A frosty October morning...

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #482 on: November 17, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »
Their curiosity and their never-ending will to pass-on their hereditary characteristics (he was very determined to stay on that hot trail)...

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
Our bird of prey friend, watched him hunt nearly every morning...

Offline Pinelander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #484 on: November 17, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
And plenty of venison for the up-coming winter...

Offline BowFire

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #485 on: November 18, 2005, 10:17:00 AM »
I love fall, almost as much as spring for photo ops.  here's some jackolantern shrooms that caught my eye.  

and here's my latest trad kill(not harvest,cause i killed it)...

ahhh, i love fall.

Offline PlainsCreeArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #486 on: November 24, 2005, 02:02:00 AM »
Here is a picture of a bull elk in the rocky mountains of Alberta, Canada.  This was in the Jasper national park (tourists everywhere) The pic was taken at about 7 yards, he didn't mind at all. August 2005 (just before the rut)

Decendant of Pusakawatciwiyiniwak, The Touchwood Hills People.

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
Out on a walk in the woods today with my sons looking for a moose. Think it's time to drag out the snowshoes?   :D  

"With God, all things are possible"

Offline stikbowshooter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
Once of the nicer rubs I found this season.

Offline stikbowshooter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline stikbowshooter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline stikbowshooter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #492 on: December 01, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »
Well, here's my first addition to this thread this year.  Cut and pasted from the original thread.

here's the story:

Well, tha day before, I'd been asittin in my loc on right along side of a dry crickbed that runs between the two fields whose two corners are on either side of the little pocket of trees I'm keepin watch o'er.  This nice little 6 pointer comes a saunterin outa one o the aforementioned corners right down the trail that I'd targeted with this stand location.  He crosses the little creekbed right in the spot he's supposed to and stops right in the spot he's supposed to about 6 yards away from the base of my tree.  Yeah, I know, 6 yds (keep that in mind).  I had to crouch a little to make the shot up under the limbs providing a little cover for me and I was a starin a hole in his side just watitin for the right time.  Well my brain says "allrite - go 'head" and my bowstring starts back.  Well, about that time for some unknown reason, my eyes decide to take a coffee break an lose that little spot they's been watchin and when m'brain gives the "launch" signal and fingers drop string, my eyes look up from their warm mugs of joe to see that pretty white fletchin go JUUUUUUUUST over the little bucks back.  YEAH, I mmmmm.....I miiisssss.....I missssssssssssseeeeddd (yeah like I said SIX YARDS) OKAY!!!!       :scared:            :banghead:      Oh yeah - Ralph, sorry bout that stone head, it didn't survive the hi speed trip into the creek bottom.
Well, little Mr. 6pt. don't really know what happened and hops off just a couple of steps and then goes about his bidness.  SSSSSOOOOO, to keep this story a reesonable lenth, I figured he mite be back tha next morn'n.

So, day 2
I waited an waited for little Mr. Man to come back but NOOOOO, he took a diffr'nt root this morn.  I was just tinkin 'bout gettin down an goin on to work when I caught movement outa my peri.....periff.....periphar.....outa my side view and LO AN BEHOLD itus not one but TWO TWO TWO bobkittys en route down the little crik bed.  They got a little antsy roun where I'd spit outa my tree an the bigger one sorta spies around a little.  She did put her paws on my tree and tha pucker faktor meter jumped for a secon' er two but she 'cides to stay on tha groun and turns to folla tha other kitty.  I swear she looked RITE at me two or three times and never paused for a second (thank you Whitewater for a great leafy suit).  She stops right where Mr. Man did the day before.  I did just like the day before but me an my eyeballs had had a talk 'bout them coffee breaks while on the stand an all and we weren't gonna have nunna that mess again!!!  That Ace 200 gr. super express found its mark (ten-ringed her for you 3-d shooters      :cool:      ) and little miss Kitty takes off like nuthin , and I do mean NUTHIN this ole cuntry boy's EVER seen in his life.  Flippin an bouncin, rik-o-shay'n off tha brush an trees and after I got over the shock of actually connecting on 'er, I just had to laugh at how danged funny that was.  I got down to find a good blood trail that lasted for about 50 yards of kitty floppin travel.  MAN O MAN, what a rush.  That's the first Bobkitty I'd ever seen that close and I've got her waitin on a taxy-dermitoligist.  I didna have a camera on me (huntin Ferret lite an all) but I'll get one for ya.

Thanks for takin the time an effert to reed all this mess and for the constant encouragement and wisdom you all provide me on this site!!!

Kyle

edit:

Here's the pics.  She's been in the freezer waiting for the stuffin job so it ain't the bestest most natural pose.  Oh an pay not attention to the date on the pic, it ain't right.

WWJD

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #493 on: December 01, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
Ahhhh, saweet retribution! Nice kitten Kyle, should make a purdy mount.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline BUCK-EYE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #494 on: December 01, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
This one of the rubs I found this pst Nov.

Offline BUCK-EYE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #495 on: December 01, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
Sorry trying to figure out how to put in a piture with my post. Not very good grammer either.  "[laffsmyl]"

Offline Weekend Warrior

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #496 on: December 01, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
Congrats Kyle !!
What a Trophy !

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #497 on: December 01, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
Kyle!!!   :wavey:    :D
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
Very Cool, Kyle! Bobcats are nice trophies! Congrats!   :thumbsup:
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©