INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Who needs a LH pocket quiver?  (Read 513 times)

Offline rnickl

• Trad Bowhunter
Who needs a LH pocket quiver?
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
In a bone head move I cut my leather out for a left hand shooter.   The top is also a bit crooked and it has a couple extra holes on the belt loop.  Don't know what I was thinking when I made this thing!    :knothead:

Still looks OK and is very usable for a left hand shooter.  If you're a lefty and need a pocket quiver for your 3D shoots/range I'll send it your way.  Just PM me your info.

Cheers,
Rick

Online pdk25

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Who needs a LH pocket quiver?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
pm sent

Offline rnickl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
That was quick!
I'll have it off to you in a day or two.  Let me know how it works and if the design needs improvement.  :)

Rick

Offline alaninoz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 04:41:00 AM »
Is it made for a hip pocket or a side pocket? The reason I'm asking is that the angle seems a bit shallow for a hip pocket and I've never seen anyone use a side-pocket quiver.

Whatever, it's a nice piece of work.
Alan

Offline JLyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
You mention a belt loop, so I'm thinking  between the spine and the left kidney would put those nocks at my right shoulder. You sure that you cut it wrong? I'm curious what you molded that top layer with, as a form? Is that a machine stitch or am I humbled again? Really nice, though, and very generous of you.  James
 You do realize that I'm gonna have to build one now, right? Just to check it for function.Thanks!
Longbows, you see, do not make mistakes…there is no tuning to distract attention from the task at hand or provide excuses when arrows wind up in places we did not ask them to visit.

Offline rnickl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:13:00 AM »
Yes, it put nocks near the right shoulder if you wear it on your left.  The arrows sit way to low to pull them from over you shoulder though and you need to reach way back around your belt to pull them and put them away.  Not very practical for a RH shooter or what I had in mind.  My intention was to keep it close to pulling an arrow from my right side back pocket.

To mold it I just ran some warm water over the leather, stuck about 6 arrows in and worked it with my fingers on the bench.

You're humbled again  :) .  That's a hand stitch.  I punch the holes on a drill press and recess a grove so the stitches are flush with the top of the leather.

Rick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©