INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Dri Boot Give Away  (Read 633 times)

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
Dri Boot Give Away
« on: April 12, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Here is the deal no pulling names out of a hat. Where going to get a little education going on here. The first person to post the answer I am looking for wins! Here is the situation. Temps are not really that cold about 34 degrees out. You had to cross a small creek and the snow has started to melt a bit and your leather boots are becoming prety well saturated. No worries though your feet are dry Gortex and wool socks assure this. Your good to go. There is just a slight breeze but all in all a nice day to be out hunting. You start to notice even though your feet are dry you feel cold. Walking does not really seem to help and when you get to the stand your your feet are chilled with in a half hour. When you get back to camp you get to take those boots off and check out the inside. There dry no leakage what so ever. So then why did your feet get so cold. Now there may be a few answer that could be correct. But there is one major reason and that is the answer I am looking for so have fun. Remember just post your answer no PMs. Good luck.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings
Honesty is something you cant wear out. Waylon Jennings

Offline cody94

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dri Boot Give Away
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
im not really sure but im going to say your boots are waterproof and not insulated so im going to say that the cold water and wind are chilling your feet + it could just be in your head. anyway thanks for a chance.
OH BOY IS THIS GREAT!

Offline kwc

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
its like putting your feet in an ice box even though there dry if you drop the surrounding temp enough your feet get cold. so even though the inside was dry the leather got saturated and the low temp with the resulting evaporation of the moisture from the saturated boots lowered there temp. ill be interested to see the real reason.

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
kwc You got it its evaporation. The evapaoration alone is what puts your feet into a chill. I figured a long time ago it had to be evaporation so I checked it out and I found that during WWII they did reserch on the matter because of cold feet in the British Military. I thought I might stump you guys. Send me PM with your mailing address congradulations! This boot wax is the best I will talk a little about boot care later on.
Don't ever try to be like any body else and don't ever be affraid to take risks. Waylon Jennings

Offline kwc

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
thanks scott i might have had an advantage as i am a refridgeration mechanic and understand the principles behind cooling. will send you a pm

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Your core isnt warm enough and your body is stealing blood from your extremities to keep your organs warm, toe's and fingers go first.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Poor blood circulation due to diabetes, or congestive heart failure.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline Scott Teaschner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
I said there could be several possibilities but evaporation was what I was looking for. The evaporation which is part of refridgeration is going to cool your feet no matter if core is warm or not even hiking does not seem to warm your feet at this point. Thanks Scott

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©