INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Not a peep from anyone?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
Not a peep from anyone?
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:07:00 PM »
Just a few days away and no chatter going on?

I plan to hunt here at home at Cypress Bayou or Henry Gray.  Been sharpening broadheads today.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not a peep from anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »
Pac I'm fired up and ready to go, but really looking forward to ARROW 2012. I retired from my part time job, just got the dog business now.
bolong

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:00 AM »
Still planning on being at ARROW just been preparing for the Colorado trip. Can't seem to get it all done and we're leaving Saturday morning but I'm sure it will come all together.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline tradshooter55

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
Just what I was thinking.... been checking in everyday to see if'n there was any chatter....My plans to hunt this weekend just went out the window. I will be going to Helena to watch my grandson play football Thursday eve at Desoto school. Then my grandaughter is in homecoming Friday night (Desoto). I would have to drive all the way back Friday night to hunt my place up at Gulf Mt Saturday. I guess I could take my stuff and hunt St Francis Forrest Sat morn. But haven't hunted there since I left there in "98". What ever the out come... I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it. Just glad to be able to go over and spend time with the grandkids.
You can be very productive by keeping your mouth shut, being patient and always shooting straight. It works with hunting too.  James Wells

Offline arsurveyor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
I'll be out sneaking around up here in NWA.  Glad the weather is cooling down.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
Seen 21 deer at one time behind home in the back pasture,I guess I will hunt close to home got 4 stands out might put out one more.....need to set up bear bait ....late but been down in back...could not do anything...just started shooting bow again...Iam ready for A.R.R.O.W. 2012 THE MORE THE MERRIER....

Online buckster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 09:14:00 PM »
I am running AR 20K on Saturday but the following Friday & Sat might be a good time to hit Hurricane or Cypress???  I can bring my RV as discussed.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
Buckster I have a two day bass tournament that weekend at Pine Bluff.  After that I will be heading to Dardanell for another tournament on 29 Sep.  After that I have a tournament at a undisclosed location on 13 Oct.  

I will make it to Henry Gray just don't have a firm date yet.  

You will need a "Sweet 16" permit to hunt there this year.  It is free and you can get it from the AGFC website.  they have new rules about hunting there and you should check them out
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
Looking forward to ARROW. Like Bob said, getting ready for Colorado. Got to have my truck packed TONIGHT!
Romans 8:28

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Looking forward to ARROW, but I'll be up well before the dawn in the morning to hunt here at home.  And pretty much every day between now and then too.  And most days after that... Well, you get the idea.
Silence is golden.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
Woke up this morning and the rain was coming down pretty good.  I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  I ain't that mad at them yet.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Im at Felsenthal hog hunting.. Killed 2 hogs so far and saw 8 or 10 more.. Deer running everywhere on the refuge..
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
Keep it coming guys, i love reading about the ARROW hunts. Ill be there next year, i finely have a retirement date, April 30, 2013 then Siloam Springs here i come. Going to be looking for year around pig hunting as that is my first love then trying for my first whitetail, its been 20 to 25 years sense i chased deer. Cant wait to start back up.

My sons first deer, an 8 point, 2010 season, was taken off our little piece of land just out side of Siloam. My daughter took a doe last year on here very first hunt ever and my other son just across the border in Oklahoma has taken deer every year for the past 6 to 7 years. You guys and my kids have got the deer bug burning for me again. Good luck everyone, stay dry and shoot straight.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
I grew up going to church in Siloam.  My folks still do.  Lot of good hunting around there.  Good fishing too.
Silence is golden.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
Mike I've been to felsenthal one time before for a bass tournament about 8 years ago.  It was so flooded I was fishing the 4 wheeler trails.  I saw lots of deer and wondered if there were any hogs.  Sounds like there are plenty.  Get after them.

If you happen to come back home via 67/167 and want to stop for a meal pull into Beebe and I'll hook you up.
USAF Retired '85-'05

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Monday and 11:30 and it is still raining.  No rain all summer here but since the season has opened now it's rain, rain, rain!  We need it for sure but I'm ready to go.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 07:35:00 PM »
I'm planning on going in the morning for the first time.
bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
The rain has stopped here this evening.  I plan to hit the woods at Cypress bayou tomarrow.  It will be my first time out too.
USAF Retired '85-'05

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Pac,
Felsenthal was loaded with deer and pigs..
We were on pigs every time we stepped in the woods.
Archery season doesnt open on the refuge until oct 1
I cant wait to go back with my bow..We used .22s since squirrel was the only season in. Spot and stalk is very doable there. That would be a good trad hunt in the future
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:00 AM »
Got an 8 point with the ERC selfbow this evening, but I can't figure out how to make the pictures work on here.  It's on my FB if you want to check it out. I'll try to get the pic up on here sooner or later.
Silence is golden.

Users currently browsing this topic:

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2018 ~ Trad Gang.com ©