INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Another New Member  (Read 367 times)

Offline Robert Warnock

• Trad Bowhunter
Another New Member
« on: June 20, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
I have recently applied for membership in Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia. I am also a new member on Tradgang.  I have hunted with a compound for a while, but I have just recently become interested in traditional.  The bows are so beautiful and seem to be so much fun to shoot.  I don't even own one yet, but I'm looking.  I would like to communicate with some of you all for advice and instruction.  Thanks

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 10:39:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Robert! Lot's of good folks and advise here so just ask and ye shall receive! Where is Oak Park? There will be quite a few Trad guys at the next NGTB shoot (North Georgia Trad Bowhunters) in Gainsville the first Sunday in July ( I think). Come on up and say hey! The next TBG function is the banquet I believe and your sure to meet a lot of us there. Once again welcome and congratulations on returning from the dark side! Ken
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
Welcome!  Hope to see you soon around the campfire.  Ditto with Ken's question, where' Oak Park - that'll help us line you up with some locals!  Steve

Offline Robert Warnock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
Thanks, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.  Oak Park is just off I-16 exactly half-way between Savannah and Macon.  I'm sure you have heard of Vidalia onions.  We are about 12 miles north of Vidalia.  I have just retired from the Vidalia City School System, so I now have more time for my hobbies.

Offline Bilbow Bagem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
Welcom,  I also recently applied for membership.  We live in AZ at the moment but are moving to Lake Oconee the 28th of this month.  I shot compound for 20 years and switched to trad about three years ago.  It really is a lot more fun.

Offline Bilbow Bagem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Welcom,  I also recently applied for membership.  We live in AZ at the moment but are moving to Lake Oconee the 28th of this month.  I shot compound for 20 years and switched to trad about three years ago.  It really is a lot more fun.

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Bilbbow, when you are settled in and want to fling a few arrows, give me a holler.  Dan

Offline Bilbow Bagem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Dan, I'm looking forward to it.  I shoot almost every day and the trip out will mean I'll be going thru withdrawal for about a week.  Hope arrows fly the same in Georgia as they do in Arizona.
    :bigsmyl:

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Guys,

I'll get to processing the stack of mail I have real soon.

Robert,

I live in Metter, call me and you can come over and shoot some of my bows and it might help you decide which way you'd like to go.

cell....912.657.1073
home....912.685.4570
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Bilbow, more humidity here. You need to aim to the right.
Dan

Online dennis rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »
WELCOME ABOARD BILBOW! YOU MOVED TO A GREAT AREA FOR HUNTING AND OCONNEE IS ONE FINE FISHING LAKE LOOK FOWARD TO FLINGING A FEW ARROWS WITH YOU, DENNIS
william d. rice

Offline Bilbow Bagem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Dennis.  I don't know how many fly fish there but it is my second passion next to bowhunting.  I've already been kicking boat hulls on line.  :bigsmyl:

Online dennis rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:51:00 PM »
NOT TO MANY THAT I KNOW OF BUT I GOT SOME IDEAS WHEN THAT WOULD BE FUN ON THAT LAKE
THERE IS SOME GREAT TROUT FISHING WITHIN 2 HOURS
FROM YOU ALSO
william d. rice

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2020 ~ Trad Gang.com ©