Main Boards > Recipes/Grilling/ Barbecuing/Smokers

A simple venison meal

(1/1)

tradslinger:
Yesterday, I made my wife's favorite venison meal. I took some venison that had been thawed out, cut and soaking in ice water until ready to use (about three days in the fridge). We bought a hand crank meat tenderizer two years ago and love it. So I ran the cut steaks thru the tenderizer 3 to 4 times (my father has trouble chewing meat). Then came the dry rub with was garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. the rub mixture was mixed throughout the pile of meat and then allowed to soak in for about three hours in the fridge. Then I added some buttermilk to the bowl, just enough to coat it good and mixed well before applying the flour to the meat. I used our Fry Daddy heated up to 365 degrees and cooked it all. Also had several sweet potatoes cooking in the oven to which the wife added her butter and brown sugar mixture to hers. We also had garden fresh tomatoes and green peas with brown bread. My dad was in hog heaven as he waded thru it all. I like to let the dry mixture marinate in the tenderized meat for a while so that the flavor isn't lost in the flour and the frying. Nothing special, just good eats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version