Main Boards > Woodsmanship Knowledge

Basic skills

(1/2) > >>

Joe J:
Great new page on the forums.
Just wanted to share a few things that I think are important skills that all should know. Feel free to add to it. Honestly a lot of these skills were taught in Boy Scouts which I’m not up to the current state of that organization. I’m a little younger than the old timers on here at 41(heck prob the age of a lot of guys kids on here.)
1. Know how to read a map and use a lensatic compass.
2. Know how to make a fire when it’s wet.
3. Have two ways to make a fire and fire starter.
4. Keep a sharp pocket knife on you at all times where laws allow.
5. Know how to build an emergency shelter.
6. Know how to stop bleeding, how to splint a limb and cpr.

Wudstix:
 :campfire:   Will be following.

Terry Green:

--- Quote from: Joe J on October 26, 2023, 07:47:16 PM ---Great new page on the forums.
Just wanted to share a few things that I think are important skills that all should know. Feel free to add to it. Honestly a lot of these skills were taught in Boy Scouts which I’m not up to the current state of that organization. I’m a little younger than the old timers on here at 41(heck prob the age of a lot of guys kids on here.)
1. Know how to read a map and use a lensatic compass.
2. Know how to make a fire when it’s wet.
3. Have two ways to make a fire and fire starter.
4. Keep a sharp pocket knife on you at all times where laws allow.
5. Know how to build an emergency shelter.
6. Know how to stop bleeding, how to splint a limb and cpr.

--- End quote ---

Great, wonderful fine, now tell us how to do it, this is what this is forum is for is to tell us how to make a fire in wet conditions. Yes, I know how but let's see if you can tell us a little bit further on how.....

That is what our New forum is for.... Don't just making statements, but show us how. That way. Younger people can figure out how and find out how to survive in the world that we are about to come live in.

Pine:
2x ^^^^^^

Terry Green:
"2. Know how to make a fire when it’s wet."

I mean like this for example.... I know a bit about how to do this, but I might learn something if others share.... I'll try to chime in also when I get the time.  :campfire:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version