Main Boards > PowWow

Dymondwood cuts?

(1/4) > >>

warden415:
Do you guys order the straight cut or the shallow angle cut dymondwood for riser material? Also, everyone claims how hard it is, what type of blade do you use to cut it? Will it tear up a normal blade on a table saw.
I spoke with a bowyer today that told me to stay away from dymondwood and use actionwood because although the Dymondwood is hard, it is also brittle?  
Also, does the actionwood come in as many colors as dymondwood/ I see the color list for Dymondwood but not actionwood on Rutlands website. Any and all advice appreciated, Warden415

warden415:
ttt

shaft slinger:
warden, i have never used dymond wood but i have heard a lot of bad things about it and not much good words for what its worth

Jason Kendall:
I have never had it crack in hundreds of bows, but I did have a piece crack just sitting on the shelf! On Rutlands site, the real name for Actionwood is Stratabond.

bearhair:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by shaft slinger:
warden, i have never used dymond wood but i have heard a lot of bad things about it and not much good words for what its worth
--- End quote ---
I hope this isn't so as I bought my wife a Morrison ILF dymondwood riser for Christmas.  Great shooter and I am saving up to get one of my own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version