Topic Archives > How To - Resources

Self Nock Woodies Build

<< < (7/7)

Pat B:
Rob, after reading Glenn St. Charles' Billets to Bows years ago I built a set of POC arrows with reinforced self nocks with rawhide splines. They worked great and I still have a few of these arrows. I wonder if you have tried rawhide for spines. I used square rawhide dog chews and it was quick and easy with TBIII glue.

Rob DiStefano:

--- Quote from: Pat B on March 28, 2021, 11:47:13 AM ---Rob, after reading Glenn St. Charles' Billets to Bows years ago I built a set of POC arrows with reinforced self nocks with rawhide splines. They worked great and I still have a few of these arrows. I wonder if you have tried rawhide for spines. I used square rawhide dog chews and it was quick and easy with TBIII glue.

--- End quote ---

Never tried rawhide inserts, Pat.  Might have to give that a go if my dogs will let me have one of their chews!   :goldtooth:

Jon Stewart:
Nice tutorial Rob. I have used antler, cow horn and water buffalo horn also. As you know it is a labor of love for sure.

Roy from Pa:
Great idea, Jon.

I always have little pieces of buffalo horn left over after cutting out tip overlays.

Rob DiStefano:
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version