Main Boards > PowWow

*** OFF TOPIC info *** - and newbie info

(1/21) > >>

Rob DiStefano:
Please do not ask questions in this thread - if they are about trad archery/bowhunting, ask them in the appropriate forum - if they are of another nature, send an email or pm to an admin or mod.  thank you.

(Please note: "Trad Archery Newbies" article now found  HERE )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lately, with the wave of new people coming to Trad Gang, I feel there needs to be a review of what Trad Gang is about.........

No selling on any forum on Tradgang unless you are a Sponsor or a Contrubuting Member. We have a special classifieds section for Sponsors and Contributing Members.

Off topic threads can be one of a kind, or fit into a category. Here's a list of categories that are off topic for Trad Gang that have been problematic for a few months now......

No daily news or weather reports. This is NOT a news forum.  Its a Bowhunting Forum.

E-B-A-Y/Auction sites/Facebook/Blogs/Sales alerts from non Trad Companies or non Sponsor companies.

No target/Olympic/flight shooting/field archery topics cept 3-D

NO Solicitations/Raffles/Auctions.

No Religious posts.

No Political posts.

No Daily Weather reports.

No non bowhunting related pics.

No links to other message boards.(this includes my space, facebook, and blogs)

No 'hunting contests' PERIOD.

No links to non-Sponsor sites

No canned hunt topics, plugs for or advertising period.

No Personal Contact threads.(use search feature and email)

No Scam alerts.

No Throwing Hawks, Throwing knives, non hunting knives, atlatls/spears, etc.

No Bloggs/Myspace/Facebook/ and YouTube non-bowhunting/YouTube personal Channels are all off topic. (direct links to a YouTube video are fine as long as they are trad bowhunting related)

No non Bowhunting TV/Movie threads.

No non Trad Bowhunting equipment (compounds, crossbows, mech heads, lazer sites, guns, etc...or even pics)

No fishing threads.

No pics of road kills, or any other weapon kills, or any type of kills that are not done so with trad bows.

No animals killing animals clips, or any other non hunting clips.

We do ONE charity a year and that's St Jude Children's Hospital.  And we allow Compton and PBS to announce their raffles.  This is all we do, so please do not post any type of charity/fund raiser of any kind.

Again, those categories above are off topic, and will always be off topic unless we approve a specific thread for a needy reason. Please help us help you by keeping the site on topic...Trad Bowhunting.

Trad Gang is a special place, and to keep it a special place it takes work from everyone, including the members. Try and understand that when your post is pulled, it is NOT personal, we are only trying to be consistent and fair as we can for the site's sake. No need to get bent out of shape, no need to go bizerk or explode.

Think you are alone?....Think we play favorites?..here's a few folks that have had their posts edited or pulled....

Ron LaClair, Dean Torges, Gene Wensel, Barry Wensel, Biggie Hoffman, Charlie Lamb, and Don Thomas, Rob DiStefano, Ray Hammond just to name a few....So, if you've had a post removed or edited, your in good company. 

I've pulled my own post as well as had mods pull mine....so don't take it personal. We are just striving to keep the site on course and as established on day one.

Thanks for your consideration.

-----------------------------------

dino:
Rob,
I really like it, simple and too the point.  dino

Mudd:
Thanks for taking your time to do this. A worthwhile endeavor for sure and one that will be appreciated by more than a few. It's easy to read and understand.
Thanks again!
God bless,Mudd

Brad Davis:
Well done Rob.

dick sable:
Excellent overview Rob.  Thanks for the effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version