Main Boards > Trad History/Collecting

A question on this Eatmon bow.

(1/1)

Sime:
I'm new here and this is my first post. I got this bow a few years ago at a police property room auction. It looked to be in good shape and I took a chance on it. Turned out that this is perhaps the sweetest shooting recurve I have ever used. You can see that it was apparently custom made by Del Eatmon for someone, that someone having their name scratched out. I assumed this bow was probably stolen and the new "owner" did the scratching. What very little I can find on Del Eatmon seems to indicate that he was known to make nice bows but maybe not a prolific builder. Anyone out there have anymore info. they know on this beautiful bow with the beefy riser? Thanks

PAPALAPIN:
Never Heard of him but it looks like a great beautiful bow.  There are many small bowyers that made some great quality bows, if not in great quantity.  If it shoots as well as you say,  ya got yourself a winner.

Lucas K:
Del was a very successful target archer who made bows (only a 66" model)in the late 90's to the early 2000s. I think Ric Anderson may have had his forms for a while but I am not sure what happened to them after that.

Sime:
Thanks for the info. Lucas. I found that Del had a son, Dave, that was a record setting archer. I'm trying to find some information on him because, sadly, I need to sell that bow due to a shoulder injury that just hasn't healed well enough through the years to deal with a 50# bow. I'd like to provide the buyer with some history on this apparently rare but great shooting bow.

elkken:
Del was from Washington State and has long since passed. Not sure about Dave .... you might try a post on the Washington Bowhunters in the state forums for more info. Also you might try contacting Suzanne St Charles at NW Archery

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version