Trad Gang Highlights > Highlights 2003

Flatstick gets lucky 2003

(1/2) > >>

Flatstick:
Both deer were taken with a sinew backed osage flatbow, river cane arrows, and sinew wrapped trade points. The 115# doe was taken on the evening of 11/ 8/ 03 at a distance of 6yds.

The 190# 8pt was taken at 5yds ( I like'um close! ) on the morning of 11/11/03. This buck was tending a doe and trying to keep 3 other bucks away from her for about a half hour before she lead him past me ,, it was quite a show !  I had almost not gone hunting that morning because I had the flu all night,,I even laid in the front seat of my truck when I got to the farm trying to decide if I should hunt or not. I guess sometimes not being too smart, leads to being lucky : )

Timo:
Richard, Glad to see you put those pics up!  :thumbsup:  

Nice deer! Congrats again.

Just love that little bow! I got one of those on the tree that I'm working on for next year.

Flatstick:
Gotta Question,,,,how do I embed the pics in the post? I'm not too up on computer stuff ya know and my 13yr old daughter hasn't been around to help ol'dad out.

Jake:
Nice Deer.  Seeing more and more guys from IN posting lately.  Way to go Flatstick.

dragonheart:
Flatstick,

Cool pictures!  What an accomplishment to take those deer with primitive equipment and at such close range.  Way to Go, Bro!

Longbows & Short Shots,
Jeff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version