State Trad Bowhunting Orgs > South Carolina

Introductions

<< < (3/4) > >>

Poynor:
Mark Poynor--Station on Fort Jackson--

John R. Graves:
I just moved here to the low country (Bluffton) from Colorado.  Really haven't had a chance to shoot or get a feel for the traditional archery climate here.  I thought I'd start on tradgang.com, feeling my way along to get re-immersed in the traditional archery community.

squid:
Charlie Hoff here.  Retired Navy.  30 years.  Live in Colleton County. Love to shoot trad.  Hunt with Trad, thank goodness for supermarkets.  Go to Manchester State Forest several times a year to deer and turkey hunt.  Camp at Poinsett State Park up there with homemade camper. 

dixiearcher:
I’ve camped there a couple times and keep saying I need to check out Manchester state forest! Maybe I could tag along one weekend next season and learn some tricks from the master!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squid:
It's a nice place up there.  25000 acres with hardwoods, pines, creek bottoms, and swamps.   A friend and I always go up there the first week of October.  It's the first week of firearms(he doesn't bowhunt) but I always take my bow. Then we go up in Nov and Dec for a few days.  We've been going up there for 20 years. Very little pressure. They have lottery dog hunts up there that start the middle of October two days a week. Sat and Mon.  Each hunt different area.  Gotta check rules book when still hunting is open (not on a dog hunt day). They have an archery only area the whole season (probably around 1000 or more acres.  I have never run into another bowhunter in there. We normally camp and hunt during the week. ( both retired). 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version