State Trad Bowhunting Orgs > MARYLAND - Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland

TBM meeting locations

(1/5) > >>

Monty:
I hope this site gets more interest.  With the officers checking in from time to time it is a convenient place to post questions about the club.

I was a member for several years and a couple of years ago I let my membership expire.  Not exactly sure why, maybe commitments elswhere kept me from being active, I don't know.  Anyway, my membership has been renewed and I would like to get involved again.  

I have a question about the meeting locations.  Am I wrong or are all the meetings on the eastern shore?  TBM used to have meetings in different areas of the state.  Living in So. MD I will have at least a two hour drive to attend any meeting.

Like I said, I have been out of the loop for some time and although I may have other questions to get up to speed on things this will start.  

TBM has a great bunch of people involved and I appreciate the work everyone has done to keep the club going.  I would just like to see it as strong as used to be.

Monty

SuperKodiak38:
Monty, the next meeting is April 22 at Tuckahoe.
I know its still on the shore but at least its not too far across the bridge. I live in St. Leonard so I am in the same boat with a long drive. Any ideas for venues more centrally located? I think that is part of the problem, finding a place to shoot / meet. I plan on being at the April meeting, hope to see you there.

Ted:
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I bet we could do a shoot/meeting at the Izaak Walton League in Poolesville (where the MATC was the last few years).  May be a good spot for the central MD and Western MD folks.  I wouldn't mind setting it up and clearing it with the IWLA if the club is interested.  The MBS is doing something similar to this in April.

Officers just let me know if you would like me to look into something like this.

Ted.

jct:
Monty,
Not all the meetings are on the shore, but it has been running about 3 out of 4 for the past couple years. Not sure why. Tuckahoe seems to be pretty central to everyone. Poolseville is a nice place but it takes me alot longer to get there than anywhere else, save Pittsville. But then again I'll gripe about anywhere outside of good ole St'marys county. Just ask Stan.

BaldingEagle:
We used to have some in Williamsport which is near Hagerstown.  I hope we can work out some shoots out toward the balmer area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version