State Trad Bowhunting Orgs > VIRGINIA - Traditional Bowhunters of Virginia

October Hunting at Fulfillment Farms WITH PICS

(1/14) > >>

Dave Stein:
I have worked out arrangements with Ms. Jenny West, Executive Director of The Wildlife Foundation of Virginia to get us (Trad Gang) members an exclusive week of hunting and camping on their property. It is called Fulfillment Farms and is located in Albemarle County, Virginia near the town of Esmont. This is strictly a traditional hunt for any game in season (primarily deer of course). The dates are set in stone; Sunday the 21st of October until Sunday the 28 of October 2007. The awesome part is that this property is just shy of 2000 contiguous acres with cutovers, fields and hardwood ridges. Approximately 200 acres of this is located north of Rt. 6 which is an old abandoned strip mine. The land owners (WFV) also participates in the DCAP program so you can save some of your tags by helping out the property manager and shoot anterless deer.

Now for the difficult part

Safety is a big concern for the property owners and for us as well and the total number of hunters on any given day is limited to 15. With that being mentioned please post your name here so I can see how many people are interested in joining in. If we get more then 15 the options are to split the week in two or have everyone come on down and enjoy some camping and fellowship and split the days between morning and afternoon hunts. If you don’t want to hunt there is always stump shooting, photography or whatever your heart desires and we always need a camp cook (or several). Camping will be restricted to a high ridge (field) as you enter the property. No motorized vehicles allowed past the camping area leaving most of the 2000 acres for peaceful hunting.

Let’s do some hunting!

ps: here is a link to see the property:

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/RestoreMap.ashx?state=932457312412  

Everything in the yellow and red lines is Fulfillment Farms. Inside the area outlined with a red line you will see a black line (road). In the field where it ends is where the camping will be. It is on a high ridge and I'm told you can see most of the property from there.

Here is the link to Fulfillment Farms

http://www.vawildlife.org/fulfillment_farms.htm

UK Bowman:
I think that I can do some of it.

BigRonHuntAlot:
Have to check the calendar and my work schedule  :eek:    :bigsmyl:

Mac Hicks:
Dave,

Sounds like a great opportunity to hunt and meet some fellow traditional hunters.  I can make it from 21-24 October if that is acceptable?  Thanks for putting it together.

-Mac

Dave Stein:
I've added a link to the original post to show you the property. Everything in the yellow and red lines is Fulfillment Farms. Inside the area outlined with a red line you will see a black line (road). In the field where it ends is where the camping will be. It is on a high ridge and I'm told you can see most of the property from there.

Everyone and anyone is welcome. Keep adding names.

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version