Topic Archives > Shooting

Asbell style

(1/8) > >>

bodkin:
Is his style effective ?Just got hold of all of his works,a video and three books.This style looks rother wild,what do you think ?

b.

Bowhunter57:
bodkin,
What's "wild" about Fred G. Asbell's style?

I shoot almost exactly the same way (I tend to hold my anchor for a few seconds, before releasing) and I don't see anything radical about the style. Archery is a personal sport, people are different and the combination of the two makes it very enjoyable.  ;)

I shot with a guy on a 3-D course that just before he would release, he's drop his bow arm rather quickly (about 4 to 5 inches) and then restore it to it's orginal location and release the string. I didn't understand that method/ style, but it worked for him, because he was deadly accurate. This style of shooting is against all of the "rules" for proper form, but like I said, "it worked for him".  :D

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Ben Woodring:
I'm not up to speed on the textbook styles...could you explain...I'd be happy to compare it to my style and those I shoot with.

Roger Norris:
Read it again. Nothing wild about it. He will tell you himself that you don't need to release as quick as he does, if it doesn't feel right.

RayMO:
Nothing wild that I see. I have both of his books and the video. If books could make you a good shoot I would be one of the best  :D  . Fred, is right on with the basics of good form. Take what works for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version