Main Boards > The Bowyer's Bench

Sandrite mfg. for sanding?

(1/2) > >>

TC209X50:
Is anyone using the Sandrite mfg. inflatable pneumatic drum and flap/brush style sander heads for riser handle or rough limb shaping? just wondering how well these would work? any experience is appreciated.
Thanks

Stagmitis:
i have a Grizzly drum/flap sander I use only for sanding the back and belly glass, side profile and handle. This is done after the bow is tillered and string aligned. 

Its a game changer that saves tons of time with final hand sanding but cant imagine profiling a bow this way  :bigsmyl:

Kirkll:

--- Quote from: TC209X50 on February 28, 2024, 09:42:32 AM ---Is anyone using the Sandrite mfg. inflatable pneumatic drum and flap/brush style sander heads for riser handle or rough limb shaping? just wondering how well these would work? any experience is appreciated.
Thanks

--- End quote ---

I could see those soft inflatable drums as being useful for some applications. What are you considering using the drum on?

Mad Max:
I do this much with my edge sander, all 4 sides and then round over with rasp and sand paper.

TC209X50:
Just trying to reduce some hand sanding after profiling by using the brushes and then maybe some work on the limbs with drum. The arthritis is real! lol :biglaugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version