Main Boards > The Bowyer's Bench

Profile Sander Build Ideas

(1/1)

HurstBows:
Thinking about upgrading the profile sander setup; does anyone have a relatively simple build they’d care to share? Not having much luck finding info on roller and shaft dimensions from manufacturers/distributors.

Mad Max:
https://www.tradgang.com/tgsmf/index.php?topic=182347.0

You have to make what you have work. You need a machine shop to help you.

derekdiruz:
This is a hot topic I've been pursuing myself. I'm waiting on my work table currently.

I've got a grizzly 80" edge sander. Do you have a spindle or edge sander you're trying to go after? I've got a machinist friend I'm trading a bow for machine work... He's making my pieces. My original thread I posted a while back that I've mildly kept up with, will have photos added here in the coming week soon as I've got it completed.

Mad Max:

--- Quote from: derekdiruz on November 28, 2023, 12:17:44 PM ---This is a hot topic I've been pursuing myself. I'm waiting on my work table currently.

I've got a grizzly 80" edge sander. Do you have a spindle or edge sander you're trying to go after? I've got a machinist friend I'm trading a bow for machine work... He's making my pieces. My original thread I posted a while back that I've mildly kept up with, will have photos added here in the coming week soon as I've got it completed.

--- End quote ---

Show pictures  before and after it goes together. :thumbsup:

derekdiruz:

--- Quote from: Mad Max on November 28, 2023, 02:40:46 PM ---Show pictures  before and after it goes together. :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---

Sure will!! Actually, I'm planning a youtube video on it too.. because it's infuriating that I couldn't find a direct How to on this subject on Youtube LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version