Main Boards > The Bowyer's Bench

Core lam guesses

<< < (3/3)

Kirkll:
Hey Max.... Reading the notes on that lam stack calculator at the bottom of the page, it states that lengthening a riser length 1" on a TD bow will increase the draw weight 3.5#, and decreasing it will decrease the weight......   What's up with that?

That doesn't seem right to me...  I build my different length risers in 2" increments and have a totally different
experience with the longer bows having a lighter draw weight at the same draw length.   

BUT..... i use that calculator a lot, and it's pretty close if you have good data to input.   Kirk

Mad Max:
That was a typo and it's out there on there on everyone's Excel word. :biglaugh:

Yeah it works for me too. :thumbsup:

m&m:
I was going to use .060 but received .055 and came out with 40#
 I’ll get this one finished up gain some more experience and try again, wouldn’t want to do this for anymore than a hobby, a person could starve before he figures it all out.

Mad Max:

--- Quote from: m&m on December 29, 2023, 08:04:16 PM ---I was going to use .060 but received .055 and came out with 40#
 I’ll get this one finished up gain some more experience and try again, wouldn’t want to do this for anymore than a hobby, a person could starve before he figures it all out.

--- End quote ---

.210 stack =40# then .234 would be for 55# :thumbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version