Main Boards > PowWow

arrow spine advice

(1/2) > >>

teshunkawitko:
I SHOOT A CUT TO CENTRE LONGBOW THAT IS 61#@28" i DRAW 27" AND USE 29" 2115 XX75 WITH 125GR FIELD POINTS. MY SHOTS WHEN CONSISITENT TEND TO GROUP 3" LEFT OF TARGET. WHAT CAN I ALTER APART FROM CURRENT HOBBY!

Pasty Face:
It may have nothing to do with the arrow, could just be were you draw to. Last week my arrows were doing the same thing, I forund out I was holding on the wrong tooth. Once I adjusted it was fine.

bjk:
A few things can show left hits (for righthand shooters), but the easiest to say is spine.  If it were me, I'd be shooting 2018's off that rig.  Other things to keep an eye on -- nock fit (can't be too tight), and anchor and bow arm.  Drop the arm after the shot and hits will end left.  You can try to add some weight up front to have the arrow show weaker...try 200 or more grs.

You can do some searches here for "arrows hitting left" and you will likely get a days worth of reading.

Also, plenty of guys would love to consitantly group 3"s left, not too bad and should be easy to correct with some of the above.

madness522:
Might try canting you bow a little more and see it that brings them closer to your target.

teshunkawitko:
Pasty, iam sure I am coming back to the same point regular. Been really conscience of this.

Madness522 tried canting bow at about 2 o'clock shooting slightly high now

bjk will try your suggestion and get hold of some 2018, does 29" seem long on arrow length? Thanks for the compliment but I didn,t tell you that the target was a barn door or how tight my groups are!!LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version