Main Boards > The Bowyer's Bench

There is just something about a long bow....Finished Photos

(1/8) > >>

Kirkll:
All these years of shooting trad bows and building different designs, there is just something about the feel of a long bow that appeals to me.  I hunt with shorter hybrid bows, and love that smooth draw they provide. I also enjoy shooting a nice static tip RC with a sculptured grip.

But.... When i can pick up a long bow i've never shot before and place a group of touching arrows on the first 3 shots.... I mean.... I can help but love this thing.

Here is a 62" Flatliner i'm just spraying the finish on that just amazed me how well it shoots.

Buggs:
Nice shooting :thumbsup: Maybe try from more than 10yds out next time :laughing:

I'm surprised at the small amount of limb length that appears to be doing all the work. That typical?

Kirkll:
 Yup... that's the design bro. Static tip long bow. Better string angle, and a bit higher performance......004 forward taper and 6" tip wedges. This one has Bamboo & paduke, cores, with a hickory belly lam, and blood wood wedges and overlays. It Has two sets of limbs, one at 50#  , one at 55#     Kirk

Roy from Pa:
Pretty nice Kirk.

Buggs:
I don't understand the better string angle? 

Better than what?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version