Main Boards > Trad Bowhunting Games

What this board is all about ...

(1/1)

Rob DiStefano:
Many traditional bowhunters enjoy the benefits of shooting in local, state, and national Barebow, Traditional, and Longbow venues in the off season.  These field 3D and other events, some without or with known distances, are just the ticket to hone shooting consistent accuracy while in the company of other like minded bowhunters. 

The shot process is key no matter what style/type of traditional tackle is employed.  Most of the venues follow some form of ASA, IBO, and World Archery rules when it comes to equipment. 

Scoring is always optional, so whether a score card is or isn't turned in is not the ultimate goal - it's about improving consistent accuracy, which is always a boon for traditional bowhunting.

The following is a synopsis of three of the World Archery traditional bow divisions ...

Barebow - Any stickbow, any arrow, any fletching, any manner of arrow rest and pressure point, but no sights, no stabilizers, no clickers.  String or face walking is allowed.

Traditional - Any wood stickbow, any arrow, any fletching, a non-adjustable arrow rest, but no sights, no stabilizers, no clickers.  No string or face walking allowed.  At least one finger of the release hand must touch the arrow nock.

Longbow - Any wood longbow that is one or two piece and not less than 60" in overall length, only wood arrows with feather fletching, bow shelf for an arrow rest, but no sights, no stabilizers, no clickers.  No string or face walking allowed.  At least one finger of the release hand must touch the arrow nock. 

I find keeping score is a personal thing that can be used to check progress but as already mentioned it does not have to be the goal of shooting these events.  Many archers do not turn in their score cards and just have a fun, enjoyable day afield while striving to do their best.  3D events give an opportunity to at least somewhat simulate hunting on many different, and expensive foam critters.  However, some folks are quite competitive -  and it's all traditional archery.   :thumbsup:

Please share your experiences, thoughts, and comments.

:campfire:

Terry Green:
This is great Rob!!!

I have been meaning to adjust the forums  for  a few years now to adjust to the new age of what is most popular.to the most importance of the members.

I will move this up higher on the list. For sure just give me a few to get it done .  I am sure this will be a great place for people to go to learn what's where and what's who and what's going on? And how to shoot most importantly, how to shoot accurately at animals this is just great!!!

BTW, Anyone that tells you that instinctive is a joke is a joke themselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version