Author Topic: Smoothness of Draw...  (Read 1165 times)

Online Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Smoothness of Draw...
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 05:23:42 PM »
  In my time as a bowyer I have not seen much discussion on smoothness of draw... 

Go visit the "Wall" and read any new bow report.  They are all "smooth" 😀  I think it's the most used and abused term in describing a bow.  OTOH, it's possible that "stack" is a close second.

I had trouble with your presentation due to your use of the term "stack" to describe the variations of the feel of the draw at points where the traditional Bowyers definition of the term is not applicable.

But eventually I grasped what you were thinking.   I don't think that the variations in the rate of draw weight increase throughout the draw cycle are at all pertinent to an archers ability to draw comfortably throughout a long course of shooting. If the shooter is having trouble staying with the draw weight then the shooter is overbowed.  Other than that,  our muscles rapidly adapt to handling the variations in a draw cycle when practice is regular and adequate.

I can't imagine any serious competitor allowing themselves to be overbowed so that group is probably very unlikely to be concerned over minor variations of draw cycle from bow to bow assuming that they have selected a well designed bow in their preferred style.

"In times like these, it’s important to remember – there have always been times like these.”  Paul Harvey

Online Shredd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 06:46:44 PM »
Willi...  I have not used a clicker...  Thanks for the info you supplied...  I learned some things from it...

Cruise...  What I meant by the bowyer's definition was that we recognize (or we should know)the weight starting to stack much earlier on the draw cycle (around the 20" mark) vs the traditional term or meaning for it... 

Online Don-Hoosick

• Trad Bowhunter
    • diy.timetestedtools.net/
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 07:07:20 PM »
I grabbed my 48# hickory recurve and my freshly finished 49# maple flat bow along with 6 arrows. Each group I shot 3 arrows from each bow. I think the flatbow is smoother. I suppose I'll need to see if I can chart them.
Don

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2021 ~ Trad Gang.com ©