INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Just bought Monty Browning's book!  (Read 937 times)

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
Just bought Monty Browning's book!
« on: March 20, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »
Hi,
Quick background:  I have been tuning my bow, switching to carbons, and waiting for winter to back off.  In other words, I have been in an "archery mood".

Always heard good things about Monty, and his book, seemed like a good way to treat myself.

Ordering from his website was quick an easy, and I did ask him to sign it, with an inscription.

About a week later, it showed up.  Just lifting the envelope out of the mailbox, I was impressed with how solid the book is, and I have not even opened it yet!

Let me tell you:  This book is gorgeous.  Just gorgeous.  I have been looking at the beautiful photos and skimming the stories all day.  I cannot begin to think of the effort it took to put this together in such a total classy package.

This is one of those books that really stands out, to be enjoyed for a long time to come. 

And Monty's Christian faith shines through, with appropriate and well placed bible verses.

If you have ever thought of purchasing his book, don't be like me and put it off:  Get it, and enjoy it!  I'm already thinking of a couple of guys that will be getting a copy for Christmas. 

I expected it to be good, but being blown away like this, is even better!

Thanks for listening,
Rich

Online bigjohnmissalot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just bought Monty Browning's book!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 03:52:51 PM »
Yes, very good reading and if you have a chance to hear him in person his story telling is impressive and inspiring to say the least.

Online rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 06:52:36 PM »
Monty’s book is fantastic! The stories and pics make feel like your hunting with him on each hunt.

Randy

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 08:37:57 PM »
I got one of the first 100 when they came out. Awesome book. I’ve met Monty and heard him speak several times. One of the best speakers ever.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline TwistedHollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »
One of my favorite books and the pictures are something else!

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 09:48:12 PM »
Not having the pleasure of hearing Monty speak, I took a look on U-Tube, and sure enough, found a presentation by Monty, listening now, it’s one hour, he is discussing his preference for getting as close as possible to big bears. 
It’s fascinating so far.  Yes, he’s an excellent speaker. 

Online rastaman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 11:45:07 PM »
It is an awesome book written by an awesome, humble Christian man who happens to be a great hunter and story teller. I had the pleasure of hearing him speak at the Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia annual meeting a few years ago. He is the real deal.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                              

Randy Keene

Offline bluemelonchitlin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 09:20:11 PM »
This book is a great read.
 I bought both editions when they came out and got both Monty and his beautiful wife Annie to autograph both books.
Monty is an awesome speaker and story teller. It's worth the effort and time to have him speak at a gathering.
Revelation 3:20

Online Ron LaClair

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:44:06 PM »
I met Monty many years ago, he is an exceptional man, He is a fantastic story teller and his book is OUTSTANDING !
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Sean B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 01:56:45 AM »
Monty’s a good buddy. He is one special dude to me. My brother Died two weeks before I was supposed to leave for a moose hunt in Alaska and  I wasn’t sure if should cancel. I received a text from Monty that changed everything. I’m proud to call him my friend.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Online Dave Lay

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
Your right, it’s such a great book. I bought two copies when it first came out. A leather bound one which is still in its plastic and a paper jacket one for reading over and over. I’ve never met Monte but he seems like a humble guy I’d really be comfortable being  around
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV 58@28
62” widow PL 2 56@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2021 ~ Trad Gang.com ©