INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Boeuf 2021 - Food  (Read 1705 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
Boeuf 2021 - Food
« on: December 24, 2020, 11:00:45 AM »
Alright Fellas, the time is getting close!  I hope you are all doing well.  Let us know what you plan on bringing for food.  I am assuming we plan on doing it like we have done it in the past and eat breakfast together then follow that up with DIY lunch and all eat supper together? 

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Boeuf 2021 - Food
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 11:57:30 PM »
Sounds like a good plan - why mess with success?

With Randy's permission, I'd like to offer up doing the breakfast burritos this year. He and Kristie have their hands full. If he can help me with an ingredients list and recipe, I'd be honored to step in and handle that. May need to borrow that nifty grill. Let me know brother.

Also, I'm thinking for my dinner to smoke chicken wings. My January is calendar is nuts and I don't want to risk doing a rush job on my chili. I could bring over my Pit Barrel Cooker and have some wings already marinating. Fairly simple and SO. DOGGONE. GOOD.

Looking forward to it gentlemen. Especially looking forward to hugging your neck Todd! We really missed you last year.

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 07:18:30 AM »
I’d like to offer up bringing the Hobo burgers and Creek fries this year, and possibly bring my Dutch oven and make a cobbler.
I have been looking forward to this hunt since last year, can’t wait to see everyone and relax around a nice campfire.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 05:13:24 PM »
Darren,

I was thinking the same thing!  We need to get with him and maybe we can split the duty.  I like the way you're thinking either way! 

Kenny,

I am fine with any of that!  Especially that cobbler part! haha. 
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 06:11:07 PM »
Actually, I think I’m gonna change it up, instead of the Hobo burgers and Creek Fries, I know we kinda do our own thing for lunch, but I think I’ll bring my big cast iron kettle and spend a morning in camp and make lunch for everyone. Potatoes, onions and green beans with some kielbasa sausage all cooked in one pot, you gotta love a “one pot meal”!
Daniel, I’ll definitely bring my Dutch oven and make an apple cobbler.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 06:31:38 PM »
Or I’ll just spend an afternoon in camp and cook that “one pot meal” for dinner, either way works for me.

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »
Great ideas all!!

I will be smoking one of these for pulled pork sandwiches plus baked beans and chips for one evening meal.

Hopefully I can get those chocolate cookies make again.
Never wait too long!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2021 ~ Trad Gang.com ©