INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Archery Range Approved Ocala/Silver Springs 2021 update..its open  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like The Old "Forest Archers" Club in Marion County  will be back. The Location will be on a 60 acre piece of land owned by Marion County in NW Silver Springs. The proposed Archery Park will include a 3D range, a FITA range and more. Buddy O from TBOF had something to do with this project so    :clapper: Thanks to Mr Buddy O!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 06:26:11 PM by Robertfishes »

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Losing arrows since 1966
Re: Archery Range Approved Ocala/Silver Springs
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 06:58:26 AM »
Any updates on this? I have not be able to dig up any new information.
FWC is partnered with Escambia county for an archery park in Pensacola. It would be nice to have one of these in Croom.
https://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-education/shooting-ranges/klondike/
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. - gnome
Proverbs 21:9,19

Offline Sam McMichael

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
Sounds great! Will this be in addition to the TBOF events?
Sam

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 07:06:49 PM »
The NEW Range will be ran by Forrest Archers, it will be on County Park land in Silver Springs about 1 mile north west of the Spring head. The last years of former FA had as many and sometimes more trad shooters as compound.  There are a few members of FA who also are TBOF members. The only word I have heard is that there is a Steel Building being built to hold the targets and other supplies. This range will not compete with the TBOF events..

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »
Called Jerry's, and they said it would be a couple more months before the building is done.

The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. - gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. - gnome

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 04:23:48 PM »
Dennis at Jerry's Indoor Showed me some pictures of the shooting lanes. He said the building is getting closer to being ready. It will be nice to have our club back up and running. Too bad I can't shoot like I used to.. :coffee:

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »
Hey Robert.... You got any updated info?.... Did this die from covid, or is it still a go?

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2020, 03:22:26 AM »
Its been slowed down due to Covid...Its a Budget Issue.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 04:26:59 PM »
I heard that the range may be open in about a month. They will have target butts set up. It seems that Jerry's Indoor Archery in Ocala Range is involved with running it.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Archery Range Approved Ocala/Silver Springs 2021 update..its open
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2021, 06:32:41 PM »
I have not seen the Range myself... But We are members. From what Helen said She got us a "Household" membership. She has been there to use the FITA targets. I'm gonna try to shoot a light draw recurve soon, I hope....Jerry's Indoor Archery in Ocala is running the Place and you can contact them for more info.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 10:42:46 AM »
I am at the new range watching Helen. I was able to shoot about a dozen arrows. Membership for unlimited access is $100 individual or $150 household. There are 15 new McKenzie targets on the south side open for shooting anytime. There are bag targets at 20,30,40 and 50 yards open all the time. There are 2 other 3-D ranges for tournament's. This is a ASA affiliated club. There will be a Thursday afternoon club shoot once the time changes and we have more day light in the afternoons.. For membership questions call Jerry Indoor Archery in Ocala. Range is located just a little north of Silver Springs, Florida

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2021, 11:04:59 AM »
Yeah!..... Do you have directions, or a map to the range?

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2021, 03:32:26 PM »
The gate is locked when no paid members are onsite, members are given the combination and can access anytime. Bring your own drinking water and snacks, there is a porta-potty onsite. Any thing that casts an arrow is allowed onsite. On Thursdays the County Parks Dept has some kind of archery class with their own targets.  Location from Silver Springs.. From the intersection of Hwy 40 and Baseline Road  go north on Baseline Road about a quarter of a mile to the 4 way stop at 35th, take a left (west) and there is a Convenience Store and Mobile Home park on the right, Take a right onto the drive way BETWEEN the Mobile Home Park and Church, there are small yellow signs pointing to the drive way.. it is a single lane paved road that goes to the Range it is over a half mile from 35th to the range...

Offline TWC_Fatal_Error

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 02:15:48 PM »
Well done Robert anyone who has questions can call Jerry's Indoor Archery for more information and you can visit the web page at http://silverspringsarchers.org

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2021 ~ Trad Gang.com ©