INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: new to archery, trying to meet some folks  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Frosty the Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
new to archery, trying to meet some folks
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:03:00 AM »
Hey guys, I thought I would give my Idaho Neighbors a shout. I am from Washington, over in the Spokane area.

I have yet to meet anyone from the area, so thought I would expand my "reach out an touch someone" range. ( if any of you get that then your old like me  :biglaugh:  )

The Washington crowd ether does not live around me, or they are just not to freindly to newbies, I dont know. Hopefully you guys are more lively at least.

LIke i said I am new, I still have not bought or built my bow yet, working on it, but not much cash or time for this poor collag student and father of 4, if you know what I mean.

I have been doing a little shooting lately with a Longbow I was loaned by a friend in Hawaii, nice little shooter, this is the first time I really ever shot traditional before, I love it.

Well Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Take care,

Frosty

Offline Ray_G

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new to archery, trying to meet some folks
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:09:00 PM »
Frosty,

I am in Southern Idaho so no help but there are several N. Idaho and Eastern Washington guys on here.  Hopefully, some will see your post.

I see in the Trad Events section that Lon (Blackhawk) replied to you with the TBW link.  They have the Moses Lake shoot coming up in April.  From past year postings, this is a well attended event and you should be able to make some contacts there.  This shoot does "eat" your arrows if you miss the target but looks like a blast.  It is only a couple months away.  Here is a post from the past about the shoot:  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=103090#000000
Sunset Hill 64" 54# @ 26"  "Destiny"

B.H.A.

Offline Jesse Minish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
I am in CDA. If you ever want to hunt stumps over here let me know.

Offline Frosty the Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:11:00 AM »
Thanks guys for jumping and and saying hi.

It's nice to know there some locals around here, felt kinda alone as silly as that sounds.

Jesse, we might have to try to get together sometime and do that, PM me some general times that your ussually open, for me the weekends is about all I got, and not a lot to spare there.

Hope to hear from some more of you good folks out there in IDAHO, any Washington people who read this feel free to drop me a line too.

Offline arrowking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Hello from Bonners Ferry Idaho 2 hrs north of you. Good job on the Traditional Archery.
Jonathan

Offline Treekiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
There are lots of us around NE WA and north Idaho. Just don't lurk around on the 'puter much I guess. Am located in the extreme NE corner (Metaline Falls) Like arrowking about 2 hours N of you. There are several Trad shoots in Eastern Washington,(Moses Lake "rock shoot" April 19-21, Medical Lake June 21-23) North Idaho (Bonners Ferry May 25-26 Troy/Deary date?) and Western Montana (Libby/Fawn Creek May 5&6) Just to mention a few.  Attend a couple of trad shoots - have fun and meet some really great people.
Keith

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2021 ~ Trad Gang.com ©