Trad Gang Highlights > HIGHLIGHTS 2023!!!

2023 season recap

(1/2) > >>

supernaut:
Well 2023 didn't really start the way I was hoping but you have to play the hand you're dealt and make the best of it.

I had rotator cuff surgery on Jan. 11th 2023. It was pretty tore up, 6 partial tears a large full depth tear and a torn bicep tendon, lots of bio-anchors. I had a lot of work to do if I was going to be hunting come September for our opener.

My wife took this picture of me in recovery. I was still doped up and I think this was the last time I smiled for a couple months   :laughing:. 

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

supernaut:
With a little luck, a lot of hard work and some amazing physical therapists I was shooting my bow by April.

Come September I was in the tree for our opener and just being able to be out there and achieving my goal made the season a success.

Killing this doe on opening morning was just some excellent icing on the cake.

supernaut:
About a month later I was blessed with some more icing on that cake and was able to kill this buck Mid-October.

This season I was shooting my Bear Grizzly, Easton Autumn Orange 1916's and Ace Standard broadheads.

I'm thankful for a great wife and son  and my friend Frank that put up with/helped me when I was recovering.

I'm looking forward to a great 2024 for myself and all the rest of my fellow bow hunters.

Shoot arrows and have fun!     :archer2:

rastaman:
Way to go Jim and congratulations on a quick recovery! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

supernaut:
Thanks Randy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version