Trad Gang Highlights > Highlights 2006

First deer with a longbow!

(1/2) > >>

Arwin:

I recently switched over to using a longbow. I went out on state land this morning to my favorite spot. We are in the middle of gun season right now, so the pressure on these deer is insane. I had a hunter sit down 50 yards from me at first light. He shot a doe and drug it out right under my stand. I decided to stay put anyway. This doe came in with two others at 10:30am. She was quartered to me at 12 yds. I slipped the arrow between her neck and shoulder. She ran for 50 yards and went down. The best result of not giving up!!!

BigRonHuntAlot:
Congrats Arwin, Where did ya get that go to hell hat? Love the pic Bud, What kinda bow and what are the specs. Thanks  :bigsmyl:

Guru:
Well done Arwin!!

Terry Green:
Your 1st????    :goldtooth:

Arwin:
I got this lady during gun season which is why I have the flaming hat. LOL! Public land is full of wacko's and it keeps me from getting tagged. Yeah this is my first with a longbow,been using recurves for the last five years. I don't think I'll go back to a curve, the longbow is so smooth. It's a Navajo Caddo, 52#@28 or 47# at my draw. I used 2013's with 160 grain ACE heads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version