Trad Gang Highlights > Highlights 2003

AZ bear hunt.

(1/1)

Chippy:
I went bear hunting in the AZ rim country this past weekend with a couple of friends, Eric and Paul, and without their help would have never had found or had the opportunity to take such a great bear.  Anyway here are the details, while stillhunting for bear, I saw a beautiful jet black bear, the problem was he was almost directly downwind from me, as I tried to set up a shot it winded me and ran away. I decided to try and cut him off at the pass, and moved a couple of ridges over and stopped. I began glassing and immediately spotted this chocolate boar moving my way, I only had to glide forward a few steps next to a small pine. The bear came at me, and at 20 yds ( paced off after the shot) stopped and gave me a broadside shot, the  magnus tipped easton carbon arrow from my 54# fedora recurve passed completely thru both lungs, the bear ran 102 paces before collapsing in a canyon. It took mere seconds for this to happen. This is without doubt the highlight of my 2003 season.  

Paul Sweeney:
Nice bear! Congratulations. That would be one of my highlights this year for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version