Trad Gang Highlights > HIGHLIGHTS 2020

1st deer with longbow at 69...

(1/5) > >>

Marlin:

1st bow deer....I haven’t hunted in at least ten years...This summer I picked up my bows started shooting again and got the urge...went out with my son and brother...she came in like she was on a string...I thought she was going to wind me before I got a shot but she turned and gave me a perfect broadside shot...my right elbow hit the tree just as I was coming to full draw so the shot went a little forward...She trotted off about 75 yards and stopped. I saw her wobbling as she walked off another 25 yards and lay down...finally got a deer at 69 with my longbow!...very thankful and happy...

Soonerlongbow:
Congratulations!

TradFan:
Congratulations! At 54 I just picked up my first longbow this July and will see what happens starting Wednesday when I will be spending a week in the woods. Haven't shot a bow in 20 years before now and never shot a deer then. I am still struggling with consistency and wonder how far your initial shot was?

Marlin:
Shot was about 18 yards...10 to 15 years ago I was shooting out to 35 but I was practicing a lot...at present I limit myself to 20 yards...as I practice more that will I crease a bit..

hessian:
Congrats!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version